Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

looking for old washing machines

• 14-11-2011 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm building some system at home that requires several water pumps. Found some info on the Internet about re-using pumps from old washing machines.
    went trying several places (recyling center, DID, a couple of powercity shops) but obviously 'managers' are concerned about insurance etc...
    is there anybody who could help sorcing it? I'll come over and extract the pump myself/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

if u can get the punter at the recyling center before he goes in then u have a better chance

re
    I'll come over and extract the pump myself

In the current climate with so many scams on, this wont fly very well.

No offence meant but the days of trusting/inviting an anonymous person off the web into you house are well gone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stocking

Carlow52 wrote: »
    if u can get the punter at the recyling center before he goes in then u have a better chance
    re
    In the current climate with so many scams on, this wont fly very well.
    No offence meant but the days of trusting/inviting an anonymous person off the web into you house are well gone:D

thanks for you reply. I haven't thought of a trying to catch somebody before recycling, although it's not going to work really. say somebody is bringing a machine to a recylcing center. if they leave it with me before entering the ground (which is already a problem in regards of how do you know who's bringing what) I'd be liable to pay for recycling it. The price will probably be close to what the new pump is on ebay :)

I'm more interested in finding somebody who is already workin in such recycling places or even better say powercity. That way I can simply come over at the back of the shop and get myself couple of shiny pumps from their bin..... :)

I have a good reputation on the web by the way :)

Advertisement