Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suzuki to quit MotoGP

Options
  • 14-11-2011 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭

Just read this morning that Suzuki will not be racing next season. Such a pity really. Bad enough when Kawasaki had to pull out, now Suzuki too. And they were coming on in leaps and bounds the last few races. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Just read this morning that Suzuki will not be racing next season. Such a pity really. Bad enough when Kawasaki had to pull out, now Suzuki too. And they were coming on in leaps and bounds the last few races. :(
    Tough alright, hard on the staff as well.
    There is talk about them coming back in 2014 with an i4 maybe something like the GSXR1000 or similar.
    Its just too expensive now, moto2 riders have to stump up 300k just to ride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Tough alright, hard on the staff as well.
    There is talk about them coming back in 2014 with an i4 maybe something like the GSXR1000 or similar.
    Its just too expensive now, moto2 riders have to stump up 300k just to ride!

Yeah, seen that alright. All we can do is hope. I know we have CRT teams coming in this year, but the grid was looking pretty sparce in comparison to Moto2 or even WSBK.

Yeah, seen that alright. All we can do is hope. I know we have CRT teams coming in this year, but the grid was looking pretty sparce in comparison to Moto2 or even WSBK.
    If there is 22 or so it will be a big difference to 17!

CJhaughey wrote: »
    If there is 22 or so it will be a big difference to 17!

A HUGE difference. If nothing else, will make some of the races more interesting mid-field while Moaner f**ks off into the distance. :D

Gresini have announced they will be running an FTR chassis with a CBR1000R engine, rider TBA.
    Looking interesting..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Disappointing news but not unexpected. When I was over in Valencia I was talking to mechanics and Paul Denning and while Denning wouldnt say much about it from the mechanics it was clear that they didnt have much confidence in staying in MotoGP next year.

Its a real shame when you see the progress the team made this year but the costs of MotoGP are astronomical and with little in the way of hard results its not surprising that Suzuki decided to pull out

I heard today that Denning isn't giving up too easy. There *might* be a slim chance for them yet. Fingers crossed!!! :D

Advertisement