Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making your own decorations - anybody planning any crafting fun?

Options
  • 14-11-2011 2:05pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last year I made a few knitted tree ornaments.

I also got a paper puncher and was planning on making a garland, but I ended up not finishing that so it's first on my list to finish this year.

I'm also going to make some felt tree decorations this year.

Does anyone else have any crafty plans they would like to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I'm thinking of making a wreath for the door, I can get some willow, I had an idea of using an angel tree decoration on it with some pine cones and holly and stuff, just trying to figure out what/how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Me and my Mam make some of the Yuletide Logs (I think that's what they're called!) every year and just put them in random places outside their house, or give them to relatives!

It's great fun and always gets us in a Christmassy mood.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Christmas bunting. Bought the material at that 'Stitch and Sew' thing in the RDS at the weekend. Now I just need to pull my finger out!

Am also making mince meat as presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I made some of these last year, and I'm giving it another go. Here are the instructions :)

Great ideas on the bhg website!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm getting a lot of craft inspiration for Christmas from Pinterest- lots of people put up amazing projects they've seen or made.

I think this is going to be my wreath:

117445502752113521_hFpW67RF_c.jpg

I'm making a bunch of tree decorations from Hama beads, and I'll probably make paper ring garlands and some of those twisty crepe paper things in red & green. I also want to make some of these:

117445502752128373_YqIJ2oYo_c.jpg but with glitter on them- they seem really easy, you just dip yarn in watered down glue, wrap around balloon and pop balloon when dry.

This also looks nice, just made from glue, lollipop sticks and sliver paint:

117445502752119516_t8eDhWtw_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I love the yarn wreath and the balloon baubles great idea. I might try them too:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Cranberries strung through with cotton thread make lovely garlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Great wreath, baby and crumble - lovely felt poinsettias.
    I love Christmas crafting - decorations, gifts and ornaments. Yule Logs, Cookie Trees, Jewelry, German Stars, Wreathes, Photographs...
    It's lovely to see others enjoy crafting too.

Advertisement