Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking my Jack Russell to the US and back

Options
  • 14-11-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I am considering taking my miniature Jack Russell to the US for a month at Christmas time. I believe there is a Passport system for dogs now, has anyone out there done this, perhaps you could advise me. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Im afraid you wont be able to do this. The pet passort takes 6 months to sort out at the moment (there are new laws coming in in the new year)

You can take your dog out there afaik, but you wont be able to take it back unless you quarantine it, as the blood tests take 6 months to get the results back.

I could be wrong but im nearly sure thats the laws at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

The law changes as of Jan 1 (I'm nearly sure, check the dept of agriculture's website for sure) so if you're travelling back after that it might be ok. Might just be less stress to get a friend or kennel to mind the dog if it's only for a month though!

Advertisement