Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 6x07 - "Nebraska"

Options
  • 14-11-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Summary:
    Dexter finds himself teamed up with a fellow Dark Passenger when he takes a road trip to Nebraska to tie up some loose ends from the past; Debra deals with the complications of her promotion as she leads the Doomsday investigation.

What did you think of 6x07 'Nebraska'? 30 votes

Excellent
    0%
    Pretty good
    16%
    [Deleted User]im...LOSTFearDarkNo1XtinaFanShane St. 5 votes
    Average
    30%
    totoalsyklopsGoolayMadPatrickMissLjd007UrsusMaritimusxalotSooopie 9 votes
    Poor
    30%
    StarkThe GnomeAisling(",)ProwetodMr Veloshano_88HerbSimpsonTango OneMerkin 9 votes
    Awful
    23%
    madrabrain onOctavarIandangojcfthe_monkeyStaplor 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

Awful
    So last week they make a really interesting ending and this week blow it back to poo. I'm losing patience with this show... for about 3 years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Awful
    I often wonder do the writers of this show genuinely know anything about storytelling. Was Season 4 a fluke or a different writing team?

Also they could do with a tad more subtlety. Having Dexter's inner monologue literally talk through the same 'light vs dark' quandary in every episode is getting tiring. I think we get that this is the theme of the season, no need to mercilessly drum it in like that in every single episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

After last weeks ending I had high hopes for this, complete filler of a episode IMO. Offered next to little progression to the story of the Doomsday Killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Poor
    Meh, had a lot of potential but ballsed it up. Pretty sure the Professor is real after all, the victim they interviewed mentioned two voices, unless (and I hope to god not) Travis is doing the old cheesy second voice gambit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

This was the worst episode of Dexter that I have ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

The Gnome wrote: »
    Meh, had a lot of potential but ballsed it up. Pretty sure the Professor is real after all, the victim they interviewed mentioned two voices, unless (and I hope to god not) Travis is doing the old cheesy second voice gambit.

She didn't say there were two voices, she just said that there were two people. That doesn't necessarily mean that he's real, because if she was blindfolded and the suggestion was made by Travis that there was another man there, that could well be enough to make her believe it, why wouldn't she?

Surprised with the bad reviews in this thread so far to be honest; it's fair to say that the show has jumped the shark in many ways, and this episode had no real bearing on the story arc of the season, but as a stand-alone episode, I actually thought it was - at the very least - a lot of fun. (In a similar way to the 'Exposé' episode of Lost: complete filler, but still enjoyable)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Absolute muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Poor
    Sinfonia wrote: »
    She didn't say there were two voices, she just said that there were two people. That doesn't necessarily mean that he's real, because if she was blindfolded and the suggestion was made by Travis that there was another man there, that could well be enough to make her believe it, why wouldn't she?

Surprised with the bad reviews in this thread so far to be honest; it's fair to say that the show has jumped the shark in many ways, and this episode had no real bearing on the story arc of the season, but as a stand-alone episode, I actually thought it was - at the very least - a lot of fun. (In a similar way to the 'Exposé' episode of Lost: complete filler, but still enjoyable)

I'll have to rewatch but I thought she said that during her ordeal Travis kept saying "I'm sorry" etc whereas the other one called her a whore. Having said that, I caught some of an earlier episode again at a friends and there was more clues dropped for the Professor being in Travis's head. It was a section where the Professor was painting, later in the episode a similar painting was shown in Travis's house and when he called to his sister school she made a fuss abot him being an excellent artist. So I'm not 100% either way yet.

I did think the episode was fun, especially Rudy's commentary but I don't think it went where people were hoping and personally I'd have liked Rudy to have stuck around longer, although as he was in Dexter's head running him over might not mean he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Average

I thought this too, I really hope the professor is real!

Surely they'd give us some credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Thought that was absolutely terrible. Felt very disjointed and not like Dexter at all. Different director?

• Advertisement

Pretty good
    I'm surprised at the negativity.

I really liked it!

I really liked the "bad influence" of the older brother throughout the episode and how close Dexter was to going off the edge. Would it have had the same outcome had Jonah been guilty? I think we would have seen a VERY different series where Dexter loses it. (I kinda hoped that would happen)
    I really no longer care about any of the other characters. It's just boring. I can see Leguerta being killed off this season. The writers are really doing everything in their power to make her completely unlikable. As much as I hope she could be "the whore" I think it's pretty obvious that it's going to Colin Hanks' sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭HerbSimpson

Poor
    Awful episode.

How did Dexter s imaginary brother grab the pitchfork and stab the guy, are we are expected to believe that Dexter made a grab for it, lunged back then stabbed him all before the guy managed to get off a shot ?

Also Tom Hanks Son is completely boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Awful
    Shiiite , I hope Dexter's brother doesn't come back - stupid anti climax as well to the Jonah story...

and WTF was that scene about him screwing a teenager ???

ridiculous .... she looked about 15 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

WOW! This was seriously jump the shark territory!. I think this was the worst episode of this show I have seen,it was that bad. Whoever wrote this must have been on crack. I half expected Dexter to wake up near the end and have it all be a dream,and jesus I would have taken that over what actually happened!

Really,what was what? I could probably rant for about an hour but I'm not sure where to even start. Funny thing is,I have actually been enjoying this season up until last week and this week's shocking excuse for an episode of television. I have thought the Doomsday killer was actually interesting,the deaths were cool,but for feck sake after that episode....

Seriously!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

The writer credited on wiki is Wendy West, who has been on staff since Season 4.

Melissa Rosenberg has been gone since Season 4 (having been there since Season 1), so maybe she's the ingredient that's been missing for the last two seasons..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

I did think the episode was fun, especially Rudy's commentary but I don't think it went where people were hoping and personally I'd have liked Rudy to have stuck around longer, although as he was in Dexter's head running him over might not mean he's gone.

+1 I enjoyed the episode quite a lot up till near the end. Really thought/hoped the brother would be staying around for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭andy2die4

I think they are makeing an effort to do something a little different, but half of it just did'nt work. and picking up his Dad at the end made me feel the writers think we are pure thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement