Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breastfeeding tops

Options
  • 14-11-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

When I was breastfeeding my first baby, I had 2 breastfeeding tops that I wore whenever I had to go out anywhere. I was so sick of them at the end of the year that when I finished feeding him I threw them out! This time around, I've got 2 tops so far and would like to get a couple more so I can have a bit of variety. I've done a quick internet search and came up with a nice site (I think it was called onceborn.com) but the clothes are way too expensive. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for sites that sell breastfeeding tops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I loved my Expressiva tops, but they are not cheap either! I recommend looking for second hand- adverts.ie or ebay- as these tops tend to be good quality so can easily go through two or three owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

The thing that's annoying me is that I came across a site a few months back with lovely tops on it and they weren't mad expensive but for the life of me I can't think of the name of the site I was looking at! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Do you mean nursing vests for under your normal top? I know you can get these in mothercare and H&M

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Onceborn are having a sale this month and are doing €10 off when you buy two nursing tops so might be worth checking them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

To be honest I didn't use them after the first little while. It's almost more discreet to just pull your tshirt up.

They have them in H&M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

To be honest I didn't use them after the first little while. It's almost more discreet to just pull your tshirt up.

They have them in H&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

I agree with NextSteps...I bought some "nursing tops" when I was preg w/ my first but found them so fiddly with the flaps, panels & straps that it caused more annoyance and drew more attention then just lifting up the waist of a loose shirt.

Sorry I can't advise on specific shops for nursing tops...I bought said nursing tops & all my maternity wear from the States but the customs charges might really bite you (I had a US credit card at the time so somehow think I just got lucky...others have been burned).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I use an ordinary string vest under my tops. Pull the top up and the best down. M&S sell longer vests which are good for covering the flabby tummy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

H and M do them and they are not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I do the vest/ string top under whatever I'm wearing as well and pull the vest/ string top down with the panel of the nursing bra, and pull up whatever top I'm wearing over it.
    I always tended to wear vest tops under other tops anyway, so no real change for me and it's the way I've always been comfortable wearing clothes, which is a bonus :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement