Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your favourite drink?

Options
  • 14-11-2011 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is a nice cold pint of Bulmers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have a few

Trouble Brewing's Dark Arts Porter
    Monteith's Black
    Fuller's ESB

and recently

Brew Dog's Trashy Blonde

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Very hard to pick just one, it's probably one of either 90 minute IPA, Breweyed Blonde or Chimay Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Couldn't pick just one....
    But I can't get enough of the great Irish Pale Ales that are being produced by our micro breweries at the mo.
    Just delish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

O'Haras 'Leann Folláin' is one of the nicest stouts that I've had. Brains stout is also quite nice. Basically the world needs more stouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Must admit ive never heard of most of them. Polish vodka mixed with apple juice is nice though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

Love a nice poitín from the freezer, or crested ten or murphys mmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Lately I've been enjoying Brooklyn Lager, I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I quite enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

talkinyite wrote: »
    Love a nice poitín from the freezer, or crested ten or murphys mmm
    Its hard to get good genuine poitin these days. My old man used to get really good stuff from an aul fella he knew.

had a really nice sake from a wooden bottle before aswell, but all the other ones I've had tasted muck. Can't go wrong with Hennessy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Skullsri

Nice cold can of bulmers or a bottle of tooheys extra dry..

• Advertisement

Its hard to get good genuine poitin these days. My old man used to get really good stuff from an aul fella he knew.

I know yeah it's understandable though, could you imagine if people could easily get it and drank it like they do vodka with mixers? I'm lucky I get the odd bottle of genuine poitín and mead, the last one i had was 9 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Only properly got into beers over the past year, but Olde Suffolk English Ale is definitely the best I've had so far. Mouth is watering just typing its name out... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Buckfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

icey whiskey and diet coke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Try Cooley's new single potstill poitin. It's the real deal, and made from a barley mash as opposed to some spuds, molasses, petrol, whatever some dodgy farmer had lying around, etc...

My favourite drink? Irish whiskey, neat. I'm not fussy - I'll take a 16 year old Bushmills single malt as quick as a Powers Johns Lane single potstill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭redlead

O'Haras 'Leann Folláin' is one of the nicest stouts that I've had. Brains stout is also quite nice. Basically the world needs more stouts.

Leann Folláin is exceptionally good. Dungarvans Blackrock would be my favourite just ahead of it. Wrasslers xxxx is my favourite draught stout followed closely by O'Hara's draught.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

redlead wrote: »
    Leann Folláin is exceptionally good. Dungarvans Blackrock would be my favourite just ahead of it. Wrasslers xxxx is my favourite draught stout followed closely by O'Hara's draught.

Wrasslers on draft is the daddy of the mack daddy's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

big fan of snakebites lately!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,438 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Try Cooley's new single potstill poitin. It's the real deal, and made from a barley mash as opposed to some spuds, molasses, petrol, whatever some dodgy farmer had lying around, etc...

My favourite drink? Irish whiskey, neat. I'm not fussy - I'll take a 16 year old Bushmills single malt as quick as a Powers Johns Lane single potstill.

Isn't poitin meant to made with potatoes, so how is a barley the real deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Only had it a few times but Aruba Red was delicious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

ted1 wrote: »
    Isn't poitin meant to made with potatoes, so how is a barley the real deal?

No, that is a myth. Technically spirit can be made from anything that contains sugar - even just sugar and water but good poitín is made from barley .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lotar

I like Ice vodka, kinda pricey though, and then fire fly, Midori melon liquor, chocolate mint vodka, Kahlua, Jack Daniels, Captain Morgan...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Marston's Oyster Stout

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Bulmers apple or Kopparberg mixed fruit cider ;)
    Very partial to vodka & red bull, but I've banned myself from it, cos it sends me crazy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Eagle Rare Single Barrel bourbon from the Buffalo Trace distillery will be my drink of choice this Christmas day. Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Definitely a nice cold Bulmers. Preferably from a pint bottle poured into a glass with ice.

Jameson and coke is seriously underrated too!

Advertisement