Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iomega Screenplay DX - How to Setup with Magnet 'Router'

Options
  • 13-11-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if this is the right place for this...

I recently bought one an Iomega HD Screenplay DX, and I'm trying to set it up on my 'network'.

I am currently getting broadband with Magnet and they supplied a Telsey 'Router'... But I'm unsure if it is an actual router in the strictest sense, as this is the first time I've had to do anything other than connect for an internet connection.

Anyhow, when I try and connect using the phrase password via the Iomega drive it says that my password is of an insufficient length to be either a HEX or ASCII keycode...

I didn't set the password, it's one of these 'routers' that has everything hard coded already, you can't log in or edit anything, so the password is already set when you get it.

Is there way to connect to this, or am I right in thinking this isn't actually a Router and I'd need to buy a proper router to set up the home network?

Any help is appreciated so thanks in advance! :D

Advertisement