Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time mortgage application

Options
  • 13-11-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I am about to apply for a mortgage with BOI in Dublin. I earn €46k p.a. Looking for approx €200k which is within their guidelines for what I earn. I have about €65k in personal savings. no loans or debts. I'm with my current employer for 5 years +.

Just wondering if you've been approved/rejected recently, and what sort of hoops the mortgage company may have made you jump through..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 E Dunphy

Hi, Can you PM me and let me know how you get on when you apply.

Like yourself, i earn 46k pa and am saving at the moment, i hope to apply early next year and will have around 25k saved.
    I will be looking for a mortgage of around 160K and work fulltime in CIE.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wetdufflecoats

Neither of ye should have any problems.I'm in my early thirties and have €25k deposit,40k per year salary and they had mortgage approval of €140k the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Neither of you will have any issuing in qualifying for the amount you need based on income. The main thing now for banks is repayment capacity i.e. have you proven you can afford the proposed monthly repayments? This is done by way of rent, savings etc. I wouldn't just look to BOI as their rates aren't the most competitive out there at the moment...PM me if you'd like more details, I'd be delighted to assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tommy34

Hi
    Myself and my partner have banked with BOI from when we have started earning.
    We have circa 40k in savings and earned €74,000k per annum.
    We have been trying to get a mortgage with BOI since late 2008 since the downturn hit.
    They constantly change the goalposts everytime we meet. We have two kids and I dont know if this is going against us we cannot get a straight answer from them.
    Has anyone experienced this before or can anyone recommend another company to go with?
    We havent threatened to move our banking elsewhere but have thought about it to see if this might change their minds. probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Tommy34 wrote: »
    Hi
    Myself and my partner have banked with BOI from when we have started earning.
    We have circa 40k in savings and earned €74,000k per annum.
    We have been trying to get a mortgage with BOI since late 2008 since the downturn hit.
    They constantly change the goalposts everytime we meet. We have two kids and I dont know if this is going against us we cannot get a straight answer from them.
    Has anyone experienced this before or can anyone recommend another company to go with?
    We havent threatened to move our banking elsewhere but have thought about it to see if this might change their minds. probably not.

Hi Tommy,

The problem you are facing is that banks have had numerous credit policies since 2008 and you've just been unlucky in so far as a different one has been in place each time you met them. I am an independent mortgage broker and would be happy to discuss your options with you. In particular, with recent rate events BOI are certainly not the cheapest out there at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement