Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

motor tax

Options
  • 13-11-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

What is the cost yearly to tax a lexus is200/bmw318 and an audi a4 1.9tdi?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

motortax.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 73,412 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€1,778 presuming the bmw is a 1.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

colm_mcm wrote: »
    €1,778 presuming the bmw is a 1.9
    Im assuming your taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

Im assuming your taking the piss?
    yes he is but so are you for asking the question, look it up on the tax site posted above

guil wrote: »
    yes he is but so are you for asking the question, look it up on the tax site posted above
    Fair enough didnt know of the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

€614

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

I think you will find that your question was answered in the manner it was due to lack of information.

We're not a bad bunch, but please supply more information when asking a question. :)

Also, have you considered other cars? Something that will set you apart from the rest? An Alfa Romeo 166 would be a suggestion.

Not dissing those cars but... Well, they're very common. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

guil wrote: »

No he isn't.
    colm_mcm answered the question most precisely as could be answered.

barura wrote: »
    I think you will find that your question was answered in the manner it was due to lack of information.

We're not a bad bunch, but please supply more information when asking a question. :)

Also, have you considered other cars? Something that will set you apart from the rest? An Alfa Romeo 166 would be a suggestion.

Not dissing those cars but... Well, they're very common. :o
    Maybe the older model VW Passat.That Alfa 166 is a seriously ugly car imo not surprised there not as common.

Maybe the older model VW Passat.That Alfa 166 is a seriously ugly car imo not surprised there not as common.
    I just said maybe. :)

Lots of people going around in those cars you've listed, I was just suggesting something else.

• Advertisement

barura wrote: »
    I just said maybe. :)

Lots of people going around in those cars you've listed, I was just suggesting something else.
    Any more suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Any more suggestions?

larger, rwd luxury :
    530i
    740iL
    GS300
    LS430

sportybut with tiny engines :
    Subaru legacy B4
    Passat 1.8T

What exactly you looking for? Something impressive or something pratical? I'm more better at the pratical end of things... I posted a few cars in the bangernomics thread. There's a Toyota Levin in it, 1.6 so it shouldn't be too bad to tax.

Then again, there's also a Sabb 2.3litre which would be grand for long distance driving. It all depends. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

This county has no money, yet a change in motor Tax rules brought in by the previous Government leaves people that can afford new vehicles away with a motor taxi bill per year as little as 200.00 while the less fortunate with a 10 year old diesel pays as much as 800.00. The Greens are gone and Ireland as a small country that can't afford concession to those that can afford new cars. I for one think this should be looked at.

Advertisement