Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD: MW3 enemy system?

Options
  • 13-11-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Just wondering before i get MW3 in campaign mode do the enemies re-spawn or are they more like the MW2 style where if you kill a fixed number they stop coming?

Comments

i read that they had gone back to the infinite spawn system, which really sucks as far as i'm concerned.

I haven't played this yet, am getting through uncharted 3 at the moment, it's next on the list, but i much prefer games that throw a set amount of enemies at you for each encounter, rather than bombarding you infinitely till you push forward to some invisible line. Infinite enemy spawns take away any ability you have to be tactical with how you play the game. MW2 was much better for this in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I didn't notice constantly respawning enemies in it, but you're constantly been pushed to move forward so it could be there. Was not a problem however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

Yes, they have indeed switched to a spawn system. It can be a bit annoying, especially if you like to play it on the hardest difficulty. Its basically to make it more "realistic" in one way, in that once you drop a few you would constantly push back the enemy, tightening space and driving them back.

In another way of course its a load of tosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MW2 spawning was far worse than in MW3, I find 3 is far more forgiving. 2 was just nuts with the spawning in a few levels, very annoying.

MW1 was still the best except for the spawning in the TV station part.

Advertisement