Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very wet motorhome

Options
  • 13-11-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Went to view a motorhome what was described as "spotless, very comfortable camper van, in excellent mechanical order"on done deal. Drove from Dublin to Clare.The back wall of the 2004 van was satuated and in mush,cushions were wet and mouldy.Owner seemed surprised when I pointed it out.Seam on outside panel had moss growing out of it.I think it would take a lot of money and time to put right also it wasn't a cheap camper.I asked about timing belt and he said sure there is less than 20,000 miles so it is not due yet.He mad if he thinks he will get anywhere near asking price of 25,500.
    Feck i was p*ssed off after the long drive to look at that scrap.CHEEK OF HIM.Told me it was spotless.Sold my own 99 and it was 10 times the camper.He said he would get leak fixed.STAY CLEAR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

There is a lot of bad stuff out there,better sticking to a dealer methinks,the worst about that van is the guy probably see's nothing wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Maybe post the ad so others here can be aware to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Easy enough to find it. Follow the clues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

We see them every week.... Amazing how every one of them seems so "shocked" to have the leaks/bad repairs/rot etc pointed out....

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    We see them every week.... Amazing how every one of them seems so "shocked" to have the leaks/bad repairs/rot etc pointed out....
    The curtains in the photo on done deal just happened to be closed over the damaged area.Overall it was clean on inside but the roof on outside was green.We would have bought it as it really suited us and havent seen any like that.Would it be worth getting it at a good price and getting somebody to repair it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

I was wondering - how much time and money would a habitation check take ? Would see it as valuable before buying a used wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

RO 06 wrote: »
    .............Would it be worth getting it at a good price and getting somebody to repair it.

IMHO NO

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

I agree.....run away ;)

T650 wrote: »
    I was wondering - how much time and money would a habitation check take ? Would see it as valuable before buying a used wagon.

Approximately ???

Are you looking for a habitation service done on your own motorhome?

• Advertisement

Habitation service starts at 120 euro depending on how much you want done.They are very important for safety as well as financial reasons,give Paddy a ring at Donagheys and he can talk you through it,number is 0749111111.

I don't like quoting for habitation checks myself as I find no 2 vans are the same , and everyone always has a few extra things they want looked at , but we'd be happy to check it over for you either , if Donegal is too far a spin. No slur intended to my brethren up the country , we have a good working relationship with them , they also do good work!

Had a better time today looking at a camper after wasting last Sunday looking at scrap.Put a deposit on a 04 Adria 5 berth in a dealer with 6 month warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭WildWater

Congrats and best wishes. Happy days.

Went to view a motorhome what was described as "spotless, very comfortable camper van, in excellent mechanical order"on done deal. Drove from Dublin to Clare.The back wall of the 2004 van was satuated and in mush,cushions were wet and mouldy.Owner seemed surprised when I pointed it out.Seam on outside panel had moss growing out of it.I think it would take a lot of money and time to put right also it wasn't a cheap camper.I asked about timing belt and he said sure there is less than 20,000 miles so it is not due yet.He mad if he thinks he will get anywhere near asking price of 25,500.
    Feck i was p*ssed off after the long drive to look at that scrap.CHEEK OF HIM.Told me it was spotless.Sold my own 99 and it was 10 times the camper.He said he would get leak fixed.STAY CLEAR.
    IT has just appeared on Done Deal 2 mins ago.Wouldnt say there was a major job done on it within the week since i looked at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Can anyone recommend someone on the Cork area to sort out a few niggly problems on my 2000 Knaus Sun Traveller (Fiat Ducato chassis). The water level indicator does not work and one of the cooker rings is not lighting. The ply underneath the step and rear corner is also rotten and a fibreglass job or similar needs to be done. Also the roof aerial needs replacing. I'm also looking for a bike rack for said camper. Brackets are already attached to the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

I have used Munster Leisure Services in the past. Nice crew to deal with. Based in Mallow I think. 087 2361776.

dorts wrote: »
    Are you looking for a habitation service done on your own motorhome?

Am looking to buy one secondhand and am wary of any existing damage that I might not catch

Had a better time today looking at a camper after wasting last Sunday looking at scrap.Put a deposit on a 04 Adria 5 berth in a dealer with 6 month warranty.

oh yeah? What model? 630DH?

oh yeah? What model? 630DH?
    It is a 630.Good or bad......

• Advertisement

only ever made RHD , for the Uk/IRL market . Comes with a 4kw heater instead of the usual 6kw , and 220v water heating , as well as the Gas air/water heating . make sure the TV press's cover slides properly , and the doors of the wine glass presses aren't twisted. Not that many 630DHs around compared to 660 DUs or 660 SPs or so on , we probably sold it new!

only ever made RHD , for the Uk/IRL market . Comes with a 4kw heater instead of the usual 6kw , and 220v water heating , as well as the Gas air/water heating . make sure the TV press's cover slides properly , and the doors of the wine glass presses aren't twisted. Not that many 630DHs around compared to 660 DUs or 660 SPs or so on , we probably sold it new!
    Seems in very good condition and no ye didnt sell it;).So good or bad purchase?

All Adrias are a good purchase... once I've maintained them.....

ha!

Advertisement