Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My cat has gone missing

Options
  • 13-11-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

So my cat of 5 years has gone missing since Friday. I'm sure you think that this is no time at all but this particular cat, if she was a human would be on a constant prescription of valium with her nerves and only goes outside the house for short periods.

I rescued her from a pound when she was over 6mths old. She had been kept in a cage above dogs and was quite feral. I've always called her my work in progress as she is always getting better and better at interacting with other cats and humans. (i have 2 tom cats also) After 5 years if I go to her she runs away but if I hunker down and call her she will come to me. She really is a beautiful cat (I would attach a picture if I knew how).

I really don't know what to do, on Friday night I let her out to do her business and she hasn't come home since! I've driven around and no sign of a mashed cat on the roads, I've printed up leaflets and this morning dropped them into the houses where I live offering a reward for her safe return. My friend tells me to keep the faith but knowing this cat as I do she wouldn't wander. She is neutered.

Other boardsies out there how long have your cats gone missing for and was there a happy outcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ok first off don't panic.

She could have gone into someones shed or garage and got shut in, that often happens, and if only for a few days they are fine, hungry and thirsty, but ok otherwise.

Keep looking and ask your neighbours to check sheds, coal bunkers and garages that may have been closed for a couple of days.

My friend had a cat gone for 2 weeks, kids were heart broken, she got another kitten, and guess who arrived back, fat and healthy:o, now she has two cats and no idea where "Elvis" was for his little holiday.
    Hope you find her soon.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Upload the picture to this link http://wthax.org/ and then click insert image when posting on boards and put the url in the drop down box.

dropdown_box.png

What area is it so people can keep an eye for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

My guy has disappeared for 2-3 days on 2 occasions over the last few years and come back fine.

Fingers crossed she'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Call into vets on mon morn and see is a cat has been brought in, put up a sign also. If you live in a town put-up some signs locally.
    Put out sardines or something smelly to see if it entices her back. Shenprob hasn't gone v far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lucycat

Stupid question, but have you been around to your neighbours and asked them if they might have accidentally locked her in somewhere? I know you said that you dropped them into houses but maybe just call around and ask the neighbours to have a look, I know we dont really pay attention to leaflets especially around this time of year.

Did she ever ramble around outside for a while before coming back to you, or did she just do her business and come straight back to be let in? Are there other cats in your neighbourhood that she might have chased off her turf?

We had a cat years ago who would disappear for weeks at a time every few months, so keep the faith because Im sure your little one will come back. Some cats are terrible travellers, they just arent happy settling down for good, so maybe your girl feels more comfortable now to go travelling seeing as you've had her for a while.

Really hope she makes an appearance soon, let us know when she comes back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

I know lots of people who when they see a cat out wandering around will assume it's lost/escaped and take it in for a night or two while they try to find it's owners (I know that's not on but if you let a pet wander and it has no identification you are always taking a risk). As it's female, neutered and not prone to wandering (I assume) I doubt it went too far on it's own. Check all the local animal charties to see if any have been found,the local shops and your neighbours etc.

Friend lost his cat for a few days last year - it was found luckily. He had climbed in to a plumbers van who was doing some work on his neighbours home. Plumber called around the next to ask his neighbour if they owned the cat.

I know of many people who have found their lost pets so don't give up hope - good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

vbulletin005_2_thumb.jpg

OK so hopefully the image uploaded :confused: This is the little madam that caused all of the fuss this weekend

Great news, late last night one of my neighbours who had been away for the weekend got a surprise when he walked into his sitting room to find Pippa there. She scarpered behind the couch. He knew who she was straight away from the notice I had put through his letter box and called me. I can't tell you how happy I am. Thank you all for the support and advise, it really meant allot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

http://wthax.org/image/51657/ OK couldn't get the adding picture thing to work, my computer incompitence. Hopefully you will see the pic at this link

• Registered Users Posts: 4 carmel3808

My daughters cat Pixie is missing since yesterday. She is white with black dots on her back,on her head and her tail is black. She is only 1yr old and is quite a nervous cat. she is missing in the Woodford area of Clondalkin Dublin. She is microchipped. Could any people in my area check their sheds,thanks. She does go out during the day but usually stays in or around the garden. Any advice on what to do ??? My daughter is really upset

[IMG][/img]08012011165_thumb.jpg

Advertisement