Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation in New York and Las Vegas

Options
  • 13-11-2011 7:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm heading to New York for a week in July and then onto Las Vegas for another week.

Could anyone recommend accomodation in either city. Location is important as I intend on doing all the 'touristy' things and a reasonable price is also essential.

Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

New York's pricey but try and get a hotel in Midtown East/Central. Try Hotwire.com for a bargain.

As for Vegas, there are tones of threads on here about where to stay in Vegas etc. It all depends on your budget of course. I've been there 4 times and like staying about half way along the strip, i.e. Bellagio/Paris/Bally's/Caesar's Palace area but MGM is nice too. I didn't like the Luxor though and it's a good bit down and away from everything too. To be honest, most hotels on the strip are decent enough so it all depends on how much you're willing to spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tireoghain12

hampton inn at meadowlands....its 15 mins bus outside manhatton but theres a bus stop directly across from the hotel that takes you straight to port authority. It's only $8.50 return and for a week it would save you hundreds. They run from 6 r 7 in the morning to around midnight. Stayed there last month and would recommend it to anyone going to new york. We also stayed in the Excalibur in Vegas the month before and would recommend it but as jack says anywhere on the strip is pretty good. Just avoid the cheapo options of circus circus and the statosphere!

Advertisement