Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Behind on loan repayments AIB close current account

Options
  • 13-11-2011 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am behind on loan repayments and discovered that AIB have closed my current account. I accept I am in the wrong. I would like to know what happens now. I am in employment and get paid into this account. I now only have a loan account with the outstanding balance. I am due to get paid at the beginning of next month.

What I would like to know is:
    Can this account be reopened?
    What happens when you have no bank account?

I had heard that people with negative loan accounts were having their balance moved to their current account. I'm only asking for advice and would appreciate if no sermons were given. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Speak to your bank.

That is the only advice there is. They don't just close the account because a customer is behind in their repayments. They close the account because they are giving up on the customer (either the customer is not responding to their mails or they believe the customer may be acting fraudulently etc).

When is the last time you spoke/wrote to them regarding the missing repayments? How far behind are you. Are you repeatedly missing repayments or is it sporadic etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 collonlad

I am living abroad and have recently moved house. There was a postal strike recently also. I've missed about 3 payments in a row but had been missing some sporadically. I will call the bank in the morning. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

collonlad wrote: »
    I am living abroad and have recently moved house. There was a postal strike recently also. I've missed about 3 payments in a row but had been missing some sporadically. I will call the bank in the morning. Thanks.

Yeah would try sort something that you will be able to do because if your wages go into the account at the end of the month and you dont have it sorted they will just use that money against the loan.

Advertisement