Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if gave cvs in tommorow morning

Options
  • 13-11-2011 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

is there a chance i could get hired for christmas jobs in tesco, dunnes etc/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No. Def not dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

damnnn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

It depends on where you are. Dunnes in Cornelscourt, Dublin always take on extra staff for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Dunnes and Tesco were hiring. Don't know if that's still the case, or they have their quotas for Christmas. Most of the stores will have hired the extra staff they need for Christmas already.

You should really start looking for Christmas work around September/October.

But - punt the CV round. You never know. If you don't ask, you don't get!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Dunnes keep hiring until end of November. Depending on where you live, you'd want to be focusing on the big ones though who actually take on loads of xmas staff- Stephen's Green, Henry Street, Liffey Valley, Blanch, Cornelscourt, and maybe Tallaght also. There's little point in heading to a small branch. I used to work in a flagship one for years and they took on loads and as I said, right until end of November. I work in a tiny one now and they've only taken on one extra person- the others hired in the last month have all just been replacements for a load of girls who emigrated. So, giant waste of time. Dunnes xmas contract ends Dec 24th, however they will ask those who stand out if they want to stay on. I know that places start advertising xmas roles in August or something stupid but Dunnes don't, they don't switch from normal temp contracts to xmas contracts until a good bit into October.

• Advertisement
Advertisement