Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBJJA Competition Calendar 2012

Options
  • 13-11-2011 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

The following dates have been confirmed for the IBJJA calendar in 2012

March 10th 2012- Irish Closed, Dublin
    Open to clubs afilliated with the Irish Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association.

May 12th 2012- Irish White and Blue Belt Teams, Dublin
    5 man teams at each belt composed of 3 -75kg, 2 +75kg athletes will compete for the first ever Irish Teams Championship. Winners will be crowned at White and Blue Belt.

October 6th 2012- Irish Open, Dublin
    The Irish Open will be open to non-affiliated clubs, international competitors and other grapplers who wish to compete in what will become Ireland's premier BJJ tournament.

In addition, the IBJJA will be working with tournaments run by affiliated clubs to ensure a high standard of refereeing, judging and organisation across the Irish BJJ spectrum.

We look forward to seeing you at the tournaments.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Just to point out the Irish Closed same day as Irish BJJ cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Killme00 wrote: »
    Just to point out the Irish Closed same day as Irish BJJ cup
    gusuk wrote: »
    2nd Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Irish Cup 11-Mar-2012 Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

March 10th is a Saturday, hence the confusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

I thought the same but I know some competitions have been on a Sunday so I think it might be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gusuk

Shame as I had booked the comp over 6 months ago to avoid any clash!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Why is this on the same weekend as the Irish Cup?

The cup was the best organised grappling comp I've seen in Ireland by quite a bit, surely there was some other weekend ye could use for the Irish Open?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Why is this on the same weekend as the Irish Cup?

The cup was the best organised grappling comp I've seen in Ireland by quite a bit, surely there was some other weekend ye could use for the Irish Open?

With no medics, no warm up area and very limited space it says a lot about the standard of Irish comps or a lot about how many you attend if that was the best organized comp you have seen in a while. Im not being critical of the comp as the organizer has acknowledged these things and said that he was moving to resolve them for the next competition.

What are people going to do if both competitions go ahead? Pick one? or do both?

With no medics, no warm up area and very limited space it says a lot about the standard of Irish comps or a lot about how many you attend if that was the best organized comp you have seen in a while.
    I've been to plenty. If you have been a lot of other grappling or other martial arts competitions you will know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    With no medics, no warm up area and very limited space it says a lot about the standard of Irish comps or a lot about how many you attend if that was the best organized comp you have seen in a while.
    I've been to plenty. If you have been a lot of other grappling or other martial arts competitions you will know what I mean.

Chill out big man, I'm not having a go at you, just saying that the standard can be a lot higher and that a comp in cramped place with no medics or warm up area while good can be a lot better, hopefully with more competitions they organizers will raise the bar to ensure they are well attended.

Chill out big man, I'm not having a go at you
    I didn't think you were dude.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

The World Jiu Jitsu Championships do not have a warm up area.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

The following dates have been confirmed for the IBJJA calendar in 2012

Open to clubs afilliated with the Irish Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association.

5 man teams at each belt composed of 3 -75kg, 2 +75kg athletes will compete for the first ever Irish Teams Championship. Winners will be crowned at White and Blue Belt.

October 6th 2012- Irish Open, Dublin
    The Irish Open will be open to non-affiliated clubs, international competitors and other grapplers who wish to compete in what will become Ireland's premier BJJ tournament.

In addition, the IBJJA will be working with tournaments run by affiliated clubs to ensure a high standard of refereeing, judging and organisation across the Irish BJJ spectrum.

We look forward to seeing you at the tournaments.

On facebook it says the Irish Open is on march 10th http://www.facebook.com/events/173563009411828/

Is the open replacing the closed? and is the closed now in october??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Irish BJJ Association

All,
    Please see the thread posted 2 days ago regarding date changes. The two tournaments (closed and open) have switched dates. I will edit and update this older thread in the morning to avoid confusion.

Please also note that this account is kept to release information. All queries on the IBJJA regarding competitions, organisation and membership should be directed to the appropriate members of the committee whose names are listed on our website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Any more info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 spher

any one know the story with the irish blue white teams ???

Advertisement