Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the race: Round 18 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options
  • 13-11-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

So what did everyone think of todays race?

Rate the race 26 votes

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    15%
    FirewalkwithmeMyrddinhon paStephenHendry 4 votes
    26%
    v10johnnysmackGhost TrainvincenzolorenzokeithohKxiiiweekaizer 7 votes
    23%
    [Deleted User]Voodu ChildEvilMonkeymickdwRayMfreestyla 6 votes
    15%
    LIGHTNINGAbilosthorizonAutosport 4 votes
    11%
    amacachiCookie_MonsterPJTierney 3 votes
    7%
    donspeekingleshMudSkipper 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

3. Damn boring. Button's KERS failure ruined what should've been a good battle even if he doesn't seem to think he had the pace. Great looking track but it just doesn't bloody work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,487 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

3. crap track, crap race, ridiculous fake overtaking/ re-overtaking from DRS

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

2 - absolute snore fest from a boring track..... 'the facilities are great' who frakking cares!

I just thought it was hilarious how people spent a few laps passing in the first DRS zone then getting re-passed when they were a second a lap quicker. Braindead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I found it hard to stay awake during this boring boring boring race. I'm really looking forward to Interlagos now.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    I just thought it was hilarious how people spent a few laps passing in the first DRS zone then getting re-passed when they were a second a lap quicker. Braindead.

true, why no one thought to hold back and only pass in drs 2 is beyond me...

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    What I did find funny was the behaviour of some of the backmarkers, did everybody forget what a blue flag was this weekend? It was like some amateur karting event at times.

Maldonado deserved a black flag in my opinion, he'd already been penalised before he took the piss with Webber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    +1 Awful race. Yet it still gets votes of 7???

Admittedly I found it rather enjoyable...purely because the winner couldn't be predicted with 99.99% accuracy.

The hunt of Hamilton by Alonso lasted most of the race, the battle for 3rd etc...I thought there were far worse races this season. The circuit is boring, but again I found not knowing who was gonna win rather refreshing.

Edit - DRS is a farce though, its too artificial and only benefits the already faster cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

amacachi wrote: »
    Maldonado deserved a black flag in my opinion, he'd already been penalised before he took the piss with Webber.

Hes begining to acquire a bit of a history behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Was working Sunday so had it Sky+'d. Thank fcuk i did,ended up skipping through a lot of it. Would have no problem with this race being dropped from the calender.

• Advertisement

unfortunitly it's probably the least likely track to be dropped due to the endless money they have over there to put into it, for Abu Dabai it's just about showing everything off anyway (and sticking one in against Dubai :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Good to see Vettel have a problem for once +1 point

Gave it a 6. Was a bit boring but some of that might have been to do with the championship being over

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Even if it was relatively boring by this years standards, it was still not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Halfway through I ended up flicking through websites on my phone, a good race should never see me even touching it to check Twitter.

Advertisement