Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Dress to change into

Options
  • 12-11-2011 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi there I'm getting married abroad next year and I'm thinking of changing into a short (around knee length) dress later in the evening so I can relax & enjoy the dancing!
    Unfortunately I'm having no luck with finding a dress. I'm looking for something cream, white or ivory & it cant be strapless.

Any help ladies? Please point me in the right direction, I'm willing to spend up to €250.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It probably seems like I work for Vivien of Holloway at this stage, but I'm just a big fan :) They are gorgeous on! They are about €200 for the dress and petticoat together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 julianne2009

Cute, really different too. Have you ordered much off this site? I'm wary of a lot of these sites...I've heard serious horror stories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yeah I have a few VoH dresses, they are fantastic quality, all hand stitched. Their shop is based in London and is very reputable. The horror stories tend to come from Chinese sites in my experience... Retro in George's St Arcade, Dublin stock some of them if you want to try them on for fit? They may not have the bridal styles/ colours but you could see if you like the shape at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I was in Belezza bridal in Dublin in July and they had a few short dresses on sale. They had this lovely one for 300EUR that I was tempted to get and have two dresses! I know that was a while ago but it may be worth checking there, if you can.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dolorous wrote: »
    It probably seems like I work for Vivien of Holloway at this stage, but I'm just a big fan :) They are gorgeous on! They are about €200 for the dress and petticoat together.

They are gorgeous:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Those dresses are amazing! Thank you for introducing them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 julianne2009

Thanks Ill check them out, any other online retailers that might be worth checking out?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Oh my god!!!! Mad Men meets Motown! Fabulous... want that purple one. These are absolutely gorgeous.. and would suit any figure too! :)

Advertisement