Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pros and filiocht length?

Options
  • 12-11-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

How long do your pros and filiocht answers for higher level have to be?
    They are only worth 30 marks so I don't want to write overly long answers.
    Go raibh mile in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

my teacher says around a page and a half :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Mine says two pages, but she's still working off the old syllabus. She wants us to do four page essays, like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

On the sample paper it asked to talk about it under different headings in (i) (ii) (iii) format, my teacher said 1.25 - 1.5 pages approx. but now she's quite confused.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm gonna try do it based on the Aiste marking. Aiste is 100 marks, 3 pages approx? Grand, one page for 33 marks. I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

mine makes us do 1 1/2- 2 pages!

she says anymore than that and the examiner will get annoyed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

Between 1 and a half to 2 a4 for both filíocht and prós... For those looking for an A has to be around 4 for Aiste .... but quality over quantity is still important. if 2 pages at least isn't written for the aiste ... you will not be marked on the full marking scheme ... thus will not achieve an A in it ...

But don't the guidelines say that it's 2 1/2 maximum?

Although French says about 90 words, and that's bullpoop

• Registered Users Posts: 21 reux_

So basically the general consensus is to write less than two pages. Thanks guys :)

Advertisement