Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free o2 prepaid credit card till Nov 30th (normally €5)

Options
  • 12-11-2011 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

You can get the O2 card for free at o2money.ie by entering promo code PMOFFERFREE before November 30th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

If only it were prepaid mastercard for ryanair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I have been looking for an excuse to get one of these for ages,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

cheers OP was gonna buy one last night for €2.50 using an 02 treat of 50% off but now I got it for free. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Cheers ToadVine, finally can replace the 3V card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

**** it anyway ordered mine last week and wasted 5 quid on it

very handy things to have.. And far better than the 3v cards simply because you can just keep topping up the one card instead of needing a new card number etc etc overtime you need to top up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

There's also a link on pigsback which opens what looks like the same application form. If you apply there and put in the PMOFFERFREE code you should also get 150 piggypoints.

I applied for mine before realising this though so if it works for anyone please let us know!

Here is a list of some charges

A number of charges will be payable by You in relation to the Card and these are set out in the "Tariff of Charges" available on the Website and in O2 retail outlets. Charges will be deducted from the Available Balance on the Card

Topping up your card in a store

TOP-UP Value Charge

€20 to €50 99c
    €60 to €90 €1.49
    €100 to €150 €1.99
    €160 to €350 €2.99

Topping up your card from bank account

Top up value charge

€20 to €59.99 80c
    €60 to €99.99 €1.25
    €100 to €159.99 €1.70
    €160 to €350.00 €2.55

The cost for every ATM
    withdrawal in the Eurozone is
    €1.
    - €100 withdrawal will reduce
    your balance by €101
    - €200 withdrawal will reduce
    your balance by €201

There is a €1.50 fee per month if the balance on your card is not zero and
    does not change for more than 15 months. The fee is applied every month until the balance is reduced to zero or until you use the card.

There is a €2.50 fee every Duty year if the card is used in an
    ATM.

There is also another €2.50 fee every year if the card is
    used in a point of sale transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

thegift06 wrote: »

A number of charges will be payable by You in relation to the Card and these are set out in the "Tariff of Charges" available on the Website and in O2 retail outlets. Charges will be deducted from the Available Balance on the Card

Topping up your card in a store

TOP-UP Value Charge

€20 to €50 99c
    €60 to €90 €1.49
    €100 to €150 €1.99
    €160 to €350 €2.99

Topping up your card from bank account

Top up value charge

€20 to €59.99 80c
    €60 to €99.99 €1.25
    €100 to €159.99 €1.70
    €160 to €350.00 €2.55

The cost for every ATM
    withdrawal in the Eurozone is
    €1.
    - €100 withdrawal will reduce
    your balance by €101
    - €200 withdrawal will reduce
    your balance by €201

There is a €1.50 fee per month if the balance on your card is not zero and
    does not change for more than 15 months. The fee is applied every month until the balance is reduced to zero or until you use the card.

There is a €2.50 fee every Duty year if the card is used in an
    ATM.

Even at free it's not worth it, there are charges for everything - including doing nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

there no €40 charge a year with it like there is with normal credit cards is there?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Just to make it clear, there won't be any charges it you don't actually end up using the card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Onikage wrote: »
    Even at free it's not worth it, there are charges for everything - including doing nothing!

Still WAY cheaper then 3v.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Dman001 wrote: »
    Just to make it clear, there won't be any charges it you don't actually end up using the card.

Lol, ordered one and THEN read the thread properly.

Looks like I won't be using this.

Well at least the order price was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

thegift06 wrote: »

Does this include using the card online (e.g. Amazon and/or ebay)? Or just in a bricks & mortar shop?

Onikage wrote: »

It is worth it if you use the card correctly. I'm going to use the card exclusively online (depends on the answer to my question in the post directly above), and top up from my bank a/c by a few quid every month.

I WILL NOT be using the card to withdraw cash from an ATM, or at a point of sale machine. I also wont leave the card unused with a balance for over 15 months.

Its a great card (and much more secure) if you use it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

To be fair, i don't think anyone expected there to be no charges at all with this. They don't look too bad tbh, and looks to useful for those of us who don't want a credit card. I can see myself using this..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ToadVine wrote: »
    It is worth it if you use the card correctly. I'm going to use the card exclusively online (depends on the answer to my question in the post directly above), and top up from my bank a/c by a few quid every month.

I WILL NOT be using the card to withdraw cash from an ATM, or at a point of sale machine. I also wont leave the card unused with a balance for over 15 months.

Its a great card (and much more secure) if you use it correctly.

Just order one,thanks op.

The 3v card was a pain in the hole to top up and use,I'll only be using this for online purchases so hopefully this will negate a lot of those extra charges associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

zerks wrote: »

The 3v card was a pain in the hole to top up and use,I'll only be using this for online purchases so hopefully this will negate a lot of those extra charges associated with it.

3V totally lost the plot when it changed hands, I really missed the capability to get €20 vouchers. Even the 99c charge is worth it because I can put just in what I need. Well, that and the constantly changing card numbers were getting really annoying. Nice one OP!

zerks wrote: »

Yeah, 3V is a total pain these days alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

many thanks OP, just got it!

got mine in the post this morning, thanks again OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Cheers OP

Got one

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Cheers OP

Got one

Nice one OP

Just got one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

Thanks op. Got my card on friday, can someone explain the fees how do i avoid the monthly fee? Am i supposed to always leave money on it or never leave money on it. Sorry if thats a stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

There's also a link on pigsback which opens what looks like the same application form. If you apply there and put in the PMOFFERFREE code you should also get 150 piggypoints.

I applied for mine before realising this though so if it works for anyone please let us know!

Worked like a charm just waiting for card and 150 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

does it work with PayPal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

3V totally lost the plot when it changed hands, I really missed the capability to get €20 vouchers. Even the 99c charge is worth it because I can put just in what I need. Well, that and the constantly changing card numbers were getting really annoying. Nice one OP!
    Especially for sites like Play.com who used to have a £1 fee :eek: for every new visa credit card number added.
    Sharp wrote: »
    Worked like a charm just waiting for card and 150 points.
    What can you use these points for?

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    does it work with PayPal?
    Yes. Once you add the card, thats it! Just top up and you can buy online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Tinie wrote: »
    Especially for sites like Play.com who used to have a £1 fee :eek: for every new visa credit card number added.

What can you use these points for?

That was a verification charge which gets added back to your card eventually. It's a pain still though, especially since paypal do it aswell. having one credit card number is definatly a plus and one of the main reasons i will be using this card instead of 3v from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Yes. Once you add the card, thats it! Just top up and you can buy online.

have you tried it? I'm asking cause I tried several prepaid cards and none of them worked

• Advertisement

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    have you tried it? I'm asking cause I tried several prepaid cards and none of them worked
    Yeah, I have bought a couple of things with it. Bought 3 things today with it, had no problems.

Advertisement