Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first job query

Options
  • 12-11-2011 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i am 16 years old and i am in 3rd year as i done an extra year in school. I am looking for a part-job,but i have heard that you need your junior cert results to put on your c.v? I also dont have a lot of work experience. Is there any point in looking for a job? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

i have heard that you need your junior cert results to put on your c.v?
    You don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 musicmad2011

thats great thanks :).. any tips for my cv?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

It's hard enough for people with years of experience to get a job, so I wouldn't hold out huge hopes OP, but sure give it a go anyway! depends on where you are in Ireland. Also ask your Mam/Dad do they know anyone who needs an extra hand - contacts are the best way of gettings jobs.

look up CV tips online. Have u never done one in school?

put in computer skills, ur interests etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 musicmad2011

would i have to do a cover letter with the cv? ah yeh i know that but i'm hoping they might be taking on some extra people coming up to xmas jsut for a bit of money!
    would any hairdressers take on anybody just for a couple of hours on a Saturday even? if i dont get a job before xmas i'll wait till after my junior cert!

Advertisement