Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking half-pissed.

Options
  • 12-11-2011 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: Cooking whilst drunk can cause the death of you and innocent children.

I'm after a few beers and I just made some dough for pizza (it's in the hot-press rising). I made my first pizza about a month ago and it was quite nice so I'm kinda into that at the moment.

Anyhoo, here's my questions.

Do you cook stuff when your half stoked or do you just order takeaway before it's too late?

If you do cook stuff what do you make for yourself? A few sausages and a bit of toast or something more adventurous?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Disclaimer: Cooking whilst drunk can cause the death of you and innocent children.

I'm after a few beers and I just made some dough for pizza (it's in the hot-press rising). I made my first pizza about a month ago and it was quite nice so I'm kinda into that at the moment.

Do you cook stuff when your half stoked or do you just order takeaway before it's too late?

If you do cook stuff what do you make for yourself? A few sausages and a bit of toast or something more adventurous?

Wait..........what??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Always handy to cook something that doesn't need to be left for too long in case you fall asleep and burn the gaff down.

Top tip.
    Dean09 wrote: »
    Wait..........what??!!
    Dough needs to be left in a warm place for a while in order for the yeast to get to work. It's called "proofing".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

What do you use for sauce?

I find tomato paste too bitter, so I have to reduce a tin of tomatoes with some garlic and onions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Dean09 wrote: »
    Wait..........what??!!

Dough only rises with heat.

A hot press is a good place to leave it to rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Oh **** that reminds me.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

phasers wrote: »

I find tomato paste too bitter, so I have to reduce a tin of tomatoes with some garlic and onions.

Well I'm new to this but last week I just used passata with a crushed garlic clove, salt, pepper and some mixed herbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Myself and my friend made pizzas drunk one night.
    In the morning we found half her cds burnt or boiled or something, and the pizzas were still in the oven, in their packaging. (The oven wasn't on).
    I don't know wtf we were at.

So after that, I never went near a cooker drunk again.
    Even though I now use mp3s instead of cds.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Well I'm new to this but last week I just used passata with a crushed garlic clove, salt, pepper and some mixed herbage.
    I need to try adding herbs, I have a lovely basil plant which I keep meaning to use when I cook.

I also got salami in lidl which is deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

A hot press is a good place to leave it to rise.

Ya learn something new every day! Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Needs more garlic.

• Advertisement

My brother melted his shoes on top of a gas heater yonks ago.

They were still on him btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

Buy these bases and make your own toppings , easy peasy cheesy peas !

http://artisanpizza.ie/

Pizza Da Piero FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I need to try adding herbs, I have a lovely basil plant which I keep meaning to use when I cook.

I also got salami in lidl which is deadly.

Try the spicy italian from that crew what make all the herb shiit. Schwartz? It'll change your life.. man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

When i come in home drunk, i think im Gordan Ramsey :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

The only thing to eat after a few beers is a tray of chips, rice and curry sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sausage sambo and lately I add a poached egg. Always with tea! I have yet to burn the house down.

I actually burn more thing when sober. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

My brother came home locked last week and decided to turn on the deep fat for chips and sausages... Fell asleep on the couch with the thing on -_- Luckily his wife woke up after about an hour because she smelt it. Wouldnt be something Id try myself, Hillbillys all the way when drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

sgb wrote: »
    The only thing to eat after a few beers is a tray of chips, rice and curry sauce

Battered Sausage ?

Dough's rising nicely. :pac:

I knead your dough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

I usually try to avoid cooking when I'm drunk but if I am going to cook something I usually stick to things that just have to be thrown into the oven for a few minutes. No frying pans and nothing that would involve using a knife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Quick poached egg -

crack in a mug.

Cover with a paper towel, making sure the ends are wrapped underneath the mug (as egg tends to 'pop')

whack in microwave for 50-60 secs.

*bing*

Done! :)

PeefsPixie wrote: »
    Hillbillys all the way when drunk!

Aw yeah.. Hillbillys is the nuts with a few beers in.
    Arianna_26 wrote: »
    I usually try to avoid cooking when I'm drunk but if I am going to cook something I usually stick to things that just have to be thrown into the oven for a few minutes. No frying pans and nothing that would involve using a knife.

I juggle chainsaws myself.

No, I'm winding. I just have this pizza obsession at the moment. I have these phases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭crash davis

Garlic yeah, but a wee bit of added sugar works a treat while you're reducing. Sweetens it up a bit.

Or you could make a bbq sauce.

Garlic yeah, but a wee bit of added sugar works a treat while you're reducing. Sweetens it up a bit.

Or you could make a bbq sauce.

That sounds interesting.

I need to keep things simple because...

.....easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Dough's rising nicely. :pac:

I knead your dough

I'm trying to decide whether you nearly mispelled your username on purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

cooking when pished often leads to house fires...

* peter griffin says "DONT DO IT... la la la la ...etc"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I just get a take away when pissed or put in an oven pizza. Making dough? After a few drinks? Woah.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Larianne wrote: »
    Quick poached egg -

crack in a mug.

Cover with a paper towel, making sure the ends are wrapped underneath the mug (as egg tends to 'pop')

whack in microwave for 50-60 secs.

*bing*

Done! :)

At this time of night the only thing me and my other half want is unfertilized eggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭crash davis

Don't eat at night, that's the key. You're already calorific right now with the beer, no need to throw more in there. Just drink water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Bad idea black pizza in the oven ,house full of smoke and asleep on the couch is my experience of drunk cooking :(

Advertisement