Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi "Native" hedging plants

Options
  • 11-11-2011 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Got this list emailed to me:

"Traditional, native and fast growing hedging ideal for screening or creating a wildlife habitat. Choose from the following varieties: Acer, Hornbeam, Hazel, Cornus Alba, Blackthorn, Hawthorn, Rose and Beech."

Uhm, I'm no expert but I'm thinking a fair few of those aren't native to Ireland?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Beech, Cornus Alba and Hornbeam definitely aren't native afaik. As for Acer, well it depends on the type of Acer I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

johngalway wrote: »
    Got this list emailed to me:

"Traditional, native and fast growing hedging ideal for screening or creating a wildlife habitat. Choose from the following varieties: Acer, Hornbeam, Hazel, Cornus Alba, Blackthorn, Hawthorn, Rose and Beech."

Uhm, I'm no expert but I'm thinking a fair few of those aren't native to Ireland?

I bet it is a 100% accurate description.

They are selling "Traditional, native and fast growing hedging"

That's three different categories.

No error/fraud. Bit sneaky though.

LC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

But they'll be native to somewhere though, so not incorrect;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

But they'll be native to somewhere though, so not incorrect;):D

No, but purposefully misleading :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

No, but purposefully misleading :p

I couldn't possibly fail to disagree with you less.

• Advertisement

Think I shall email them and ask, just to see what they say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Gardener3

;) Might be worth asking them where their 'native species' are sourced from too - some of the hedging sold here is from Irish stock but some comes in from the UK and the continent .........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Think I shall email them and ask, just to see what they say :D

How's yer German??;)

Picked up a few words from Tobruk this afternoon :D

Emailed them, or the other crowd, a while back about blueberry plants (which some .... cut one of mine in the past week) and they actually replied very quickly.

Advertisement