Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internship with no equal rights!

Options
  • 11-11-2011 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, I was recently accepted to start an internship as a Tutor, so I went to social welfare office with the forms to check eligibility. They told me I would not qualify because my partner is signing for me. My partner has been out of work and signing JSA for the two of us and our son for about 2 and a half years and I have been in college for 6 years. After completing my degree I was hoping to start working yet I am being refused this vital experience. I was told that my partner would be eligible but I wouldn’t. Unless I’m missing the point, this indicates to me that I am seen as having unequal options to my partner. It would also suggest that I would have to be a single woman or a man to avail of this opportunity. I would appreciate it if anyone could inform me as to why this is the case…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Folks in the State Benefits forum would probably have a good idea.

Advertisement