Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving a job on good terms

Options
  • 11-11-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

I started a job recently but realise that it's really not for me and I also got offered an internship far more suited to me. How do I tell my current employers I dont think it's working out without them getting annoyed at me leaving so soon. I don't want to say I got a better offer because that will surely cause a problem.
    It isn't just because I got another offer, I just really don't like the current job or employer and need to get away but would prefer an amicable parting of ways.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Don't worry too much about it. These things happen.

Thank them very much for the opportunity, and say things like: you appreciate the effort they made and you enjoyed working there (even if it's not true). Say - like you did above - that the internship is a better match for you, and it provides a career path which you are most interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

thanks for the response. Apologies for the late reply too, been busy with the job and still haven't left yet. Needed the reassurance about what I was doing more than anything. Thanks again

Advertisement