Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth Whitening?

Options
  • 11-11-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi lads im 21 but my teeth are gone abit yellowy :(
    From smoking and drinking tonnes of coffee to be honest
    Has anyone tried any products from boots or a pharmacy or would i be better off getting it professionly done>?

pudz :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

search, its been done a thousand time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

I did but cant find much info :(
    from what i read Crest Whitning Strips seem to be the best, but iv no card or not even on ebay lol
    Is it expensive to get done by dentist? its not covered on medical card no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

pudzey101 wrote: »
    I did but cant find much info :(
    from what i read Crest Whitning Strips seem to be the best, but iv no card or not even on ebay lol
    Is it expensive to get done by dentist? its not covered on medical card no :(

Seriously dude- is whitening covered on the medical card?? Yeah sure, along with breast implants, facelifts and spray tans....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Seriously dude- is whitening covered on the medical card?? Yeah sure, along with breast implants, facelifts and spray tans....

sure were not all qualified dentists here, i havent been to one in about 4 years so i dunno whats covered and whats not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Start by going to the dentist for a checkup if you haven't been in 4 years. Worry about whitening after your sure your mouth is in good health.

Whitening is not covered by the medical card, i think the tax payer would be fairly pissed off if people were getting their smiles bleached on their euro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

What's the average price of a pack of 20 cigarettes these days, €7 or €8, something like that? Just divert these funds towards the cost of a checkup& cleaning- both of which are recommended before any whitening procedure.
    As a smoker, you're more at risk of gum disease& mouth cancer. Also, 4 years is a long time to go without a checkup- no point having a brighter smile if you/your teeth are falling to pieces.
    Would you leave your car 4 years without servicing it, and then request the garage to do a full spray paint to make it look better, but not bother checking the oil, tyres, electrics, ect ect. Obviously cosmetics matter, but you should always prioritise function (health!)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

you can get teeth whitening from your dentists, they do gels or they do lazer treatment,different dentists do differnet ones

300 - 450 for the gel treatment. the dentist will make a mould of ur upper and lower mouth,give u the moulds to take home with a couple of tubes with grl in the, each night you put gel in the moulds,put the moulds in ur mouth and take them out in the morning,you do this for 2 - 3 weeks

and similar price for lazer,which is usually go in sit in a chair for 30 - 45 mins,they lazer your teeth and your done..

depending on where you go, you definately wont get a decent whitening for less than 250 anywhere,if you see hair dressers and beauty places offering lazer whitening for 99 euro dont waste your money,many people claim it doesnt work. go to a dentist...

Advertisement