Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Printer started printing small

Options
  • 11-11-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Have an old HP printer but works perfectly fine, up until recently when it started printing at about 50% of the size it used to.

Say if I print an A4 page it will only print on half of it reducing the text, all the text will be printed it's just printed much smaller.

I've tried seeing if it was a settings problem but don't know where to go.

Help, TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

vicwatson wrote: »
    Have an old HP printer but works perfectly fine, up until recently when it started printing at about 50% of the size it used to.

Say if I print an A4 page it will only print on half of it reducing the text, all the text will be printed it's just printed much smaller.

I've tried seeing if it was a settings problem but don't know where to go.

Help, TIA

On Windows XP go to start>control panel>Printers and faxes (Vista/7 go to Devices and printers in start menu). Next right click on your printer and choose "Printer preferences". You should see tabs like Page Layout or something, I think it differs from printer to printer. Make sure reduce/enlarge document isnt checked. I have uploaded a screenshot of my Epson which will hopefully help, but with HP having different drivers the option may be elsewhere!
    XqRFd.jpg

Good luck

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks for reply Nick, always there to help !

Have followed your instructions but cannot find anything in there that resembles reduce/enlarge document.

It's getting very annoying !!

Help !

Thanks for reply Nick, always there to help !

Have followed your instructions but cannot find anything in there that resembles reduce/enlarge document.

It's getting very annoying !!

Help !

Could you upload a screenshot of the printer preferences page (Not "Properties" but printer preferences)?

Nick

Hi, can you tell me how to upload a screenshot that I've saved to paint (obviously not directly from my laptop - is there a web medium?) and I'll do it.

In the meantime I've done the following -

Clicked on "print" to print a doc, then clicked on "properties" then clicked on "advanced", then went to "paper/output" and this was on some setting like "legal" so I put it back to A4 and the next doc I printed seemed to be ok. Will know tomorrow when I have some more to print if I'm in the clear.

Thanks for help thus far Nick.

Hi, can you tell me how to upload a screenshot that I've saved to paint (obviously not directly from my laptop - is there a web medium?) and I'll do it.

In the meantime I've done the following -

Clicked on "print" to print a doc, then clicked on "properties" then clicked on "advanced", then went to "paper/output" and this was on some setting like "legal" so I put it back to A4 and the next doc I printed seemed to be ok. Will know tomorrow when I have some more to print if I'm in the clear.

Thanks for help thus far Nick.
    You can upload PNGs, JPGs etc to www.imgur.com, www.imageshack.us and embed them here, you could also attach the image to the post! Fingers crossed that sorted it though!

Nick

• Advertisement

Ok, Nick, try this to see if it works, (this process might help others on here as I think I am now sorted) -

http://imgur.com/MdFPR
    you could also attach the image to the post!

Yes I know I'm computer/boards illeterate ! - How do I do that eh!? Thanks

Ok, Nick, try this to see if it works, (this process might help others on here as I think I am now sorted) -

http://imgur.com/MdFPR

Yes I know I'm computer/boards illeterate ! - How do I do that eh!? Thanks
    Nice one, looks like ya sorted it! Different manufacturers use different interfaces, that ones a bit more confusing!

Nick

Advertisement