Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mic enabled head set for iPhone

Options
  • 11-11-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am now on my third set of head phones for my iPhone. Two apple ones and one philips one. I use the voice recognition to make calls when I am cycling but the mic seems to keep breaking on them. Happy to spend around 50 euro on a set or more if they are robust enough but would really love to hear what people use when cycling and what their experiences are. Any of the electronics/phone stores I have visited were pretty useless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Sennheiser are excellent. I don't make calls while cycling, but i've received a few, and callers have no problem hearing me. There over 50euro though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

Another +1 for Sennheiser

SENNHEISER MX-680i ADDIDAS SPORT - these ones allow a good deal of ambient noise to be heard so are safer for cycling. Expensive, but excellent. I've found them really comfortable, even on long rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoinken

Thanks Seamus. Any idea if they have a mic or just headphones. Always wonder if the blue tooth attachment is big and awkward.

seamus wrote: »
    Rofo wrote: »
    Another +1 for Sennheiser

SENNHEISER MX-680i ADDIDAS SPORT - these ones allow a good deal of ambient noise to be heard so are safer for cycling. Expensive, but excellent. I've found them really comfortable, even on long rides.

I must retract my blanket comment about electronics shops. Peats did suggest the Sennheiser ones but had no idea if they were good or not.

Really appreciate the input. Could be my Christmas pressie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

eoinken wrote: »
    Thanks Seamus. Any idea if they have a mic or just headphones. Always wonder if the blue tooth attachment is big and awkward.
    Bluetooth receiver with mic and headphones. The headphones are attached with a standard headphone jack, so you can use any headphones you like. The mic is built into the unit.

Receiver has a single button on it which you use to answer calls or make calls using voice control. There are play/skip buttons on it as well for music or radio and volume control obviously.

The unit is about the same width as an AA battery, 10mm longer and half the weight.

Thanks all. Eventually went for the Seinnheiser Addidas ones. Sound great and mic working well. Strangely they keep falling off one ear. Not sure if its the way I put them on or just odd ears.

Advertisement