Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

07 CBR 125 ROBBED!!!!

Options
  • 11-11-2011 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hi all,

between 9pm and 6:30am lastnight 10/11/2011 my CBR was taken, it is red and black in colour, has the bars for a givi box, right hand front indicator is non stock and much smaller than the others which are original indicators, and the front fairing on the right hand side has a crack straight through it, if anyone sees or notices anything i would be very greatful if they could give me details,

Thanks
    Gareth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

That's terrible man .. where was it taken from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

if your on the nside of dublin go up the m50, take the ballymun exit and take the road that goes by ikea.

the field there is where the majority of bikes that go missing from the nside end up.

i got my cbr250 back from there this year

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gardoyle27

hey all, bike was taken from clondalkin, the bike was found, dumped in a lane a couple of blocks away, no idea what state it's in but atleast i'll get it back. need to superglue it to my hole and they'd probably still try rob it, C**TS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

gardoyle27 wrote: »
    hey all, bike was taken from clondalkin, the bike was found, dumped in a lane a couple of blocks away, no idea what state it's in but atleast i'll get it back. need to superglue it to my hole and they'd probably still try rob it, C**TS

Sorry to hear that but at least you got it back.

Hope you're covered for theft damage.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that but at least you got it back.

Hope you're covered for theft damage.

unfortunatley not. looks like i have a new project on my hands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

delighted ya got it back.

thank fook the little scrotes didnt burn it on ya

edit - get an alarm, cbrs are easiest bikes in the world to rob, you wouldnt believe how easy it is.

my alarm set me back - 40e for the alarm / immobiliser and 60 to get it fit

copeyhagen wrote: »
    delighted ya got it back.

thank fook the little scrotes didnt burn it on ya

edit - get an alarm, cbrs are easiest bikes in the world to rob, you wouldnt believe how easy it is.

my alarm set me back - 40e for the alarm / immobiliser and 60 to get it fit

i don't think they got it started in the end but luckily enought they didn't burn it, yeah i will start searching for alarms, it has an immobiliser already as far as i'm aware, either that or the goons didn't realise that there is a specific way to start it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Bummer, sorry to hear that mate. I had a few bike taken in the past few years; so I know how it feels. +1 on the alarm I have never had a bike taken that was alarmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Good to hear you got it back. Nothing worse than that feeling you get when you realise your bike is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

That's terrible news.....b*stards :mad: Glad to hear that you got it back though, I hope you're not out of pocket too much fixing it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

At least you got it back. Did you have any locks or anything on it? I'm in the clondalkin area too. Where did they find it?

OasisGirl wrote: »
    That's terrible news.....b*stards :mad: Glad to hear that you got it back though, I hope you're not out of pocket too much fixing it up.

so far it looks to be aroun the 150 mark, thats including buying an alarm,
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    At least you got it back. Did you have any locks or anything on it? I'm in the clondalkin area too. Where did they find it?

i'm up at corcaigh park, it was left down near the shops in greenpark. local youngfella's that need some hands broke. had a fairly big chain on it, which i take it they cut off,

ignition barrell is gone, as is the steering lock, and the drivers saddle is totaled from them taking, yes taking, the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

bit of a uneducated comment, most honda's since 2001 have HISS which are near impossible to hotwire... only thing that would start it is one of the two original keys...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

if you mean, honda cbr125'd are easier to rob, thats a different story... not all cbr's

Advertisement