Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas crafts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I made one of those 2 years ago, still going strong! :D Just be sure to remove all the little gold tops off the baubles and stick them on with the heated glue before you start, or they WILL come off the hanger as you try to assemble it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Oooh I love it!

In case anyone is interested, Hickeys on Henry Street are doing a Christmas Craft talk from 11 - 12 and 1 - 2 tomorrow.

American blogs are excellent for christmas craft ideas. Here is a link to one that made that bauble wreath too.

http://justagirlblog.com/2009/11/ornament-wreath.html

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I dont own a glue gun and dont want to have to buy one just for this. Do you think superglue would do the same job:confused:
    I was just in Dunnes btw and they have big containers of those pastel coloured baubles used in the second blog. Love them:D

Superglue would work, but you might glue your fingers together! :eek: I bought a glue gun in a craft shop last year, wasnt too expensive. I think Tesco might sell them too. Handy to have if you are planning to do lots of crafting.

• Advertisement

Thanks cherrycola, how much is not too expensive:D

From what i can remember i think it was about 7 or 8 quid.

I got one today and it was €14. Got baubles in Dunnes so I'm going to try that wreath! :)

Yay good luck and please post pics when you're done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

I dont own a glue gun and dont want to have to buy one just for this. Do you think superglue would do the same job:confused:
    I was just in Dunnes btw and they have big containers of those pastel coloured baubles used in the second blog. Love them:D
    wATCH OUT IN Lidil/Aldi for chaep glue guns - super glue can work out very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Superglue would work, but you might glue your fingers together! :eek: I bought a glue gun in a craft shop last year, wasnt too expensive. I think Tesco might sell them too. Handy to have if you are planning to do lots of crafting.
    Also try B & Q. Woodies and sometimes Lidl and Aldi - though i suppose supporting craft shops is a good idea if the price is ok.

I made one yesterday and my 10 yr old daughter made one as well. I think hers turned out better lol. We used bostik all purpose glue. It was a bit messy but seems to be holding up. It was 1.49 for 1 tube in Dunnes. I bought 2 so we wouldnt be fighting over the one :D.
    I must buy ribbon for the tops but will post pics when they are finished.
    For anyone interested we used the box of 50 baubles from Dunnes and there was just about enough baubles in one box for one wreath.

Heres another idea Im going to try. It looks easy even for kids :)

http://www.instructables.com/id/Super-cool-easy-6-pointed-snowflake/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooh, pretty! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

A guy I work with made these from the inside rolls of wrapping paper and they were huge, would look great sprayed silver or gold :)

I've gotten my hands on lots of lego and I'm planning on trying to make a big snowman for the window with it.
    I think it's a glass of wine in front of the fire job ;)

Mary-Ellen wrote: »
    A guy I work with made these from the inside rolls of wrapping paper and they were huge, would look great sprayed silver or gold :)

I've gotten my hands on lots of lego and I'm planning on trying to make a big snowman for the window with it.
    I think it's a glass of wine in front of the fire job ;)

Sounds good:D I was actually looking at lego Christmas villages online. I want one so bad but I cant afford it this year, hopefully next year;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If any of you guys are on Pinterest, you should look up the Christmas boards people put up, you can find amazing inspiration for crafts. I think I might go with this yarn wreath for my apartment door this year...

http://pinterest.com/pin/117445502752113521/

They have one of those cool stars on that pinterest website

http://thelovelyresidence.blogspot.com/2010/10/youre-star.html

Right, so I had a go at the Bauble/Ornament Wreath. Was actually very simple to make, but I need to think a bit more about my bauble size and colour as it's looks a little rough at the moment. I haven't even finished the top, it needs another bauble or two, and then I can attach a proper ribbon.

On the whole though, quite impressed with it! It's looks great in real life, I don't think this photo from my phone does it justice. I didn't go for the 'modern' colours cause I plan on giving this one to my gran so I stuck to traditional red, gold and green. I'll definitely give it another go! :)

0ABE47D74BD34E3E8493BCEF8788FE16-0000317259-0002636186-00640L-4D319B8889BC485A8DC5333F12989576.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Alicat, you did a wonderful job - looks terrific!

I love Christmas crafts - such great ideas are posted here. Happy Crafting!

• Advertisement

I love it Alicat:D, I prefer traditional colours myself. I made my one in all silver baubles and Im going to attach a green ribbon. Im thinking of painting my firebreast wall red and hanging it over the fire:)

Mine is red and gold, but im loving the green mixed in with it, might have to give it a revamp this year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Love the bauble wreath, think I'll give it a go this weekend. Have made some felt ornaments so far, pinterest is great for inspiration and tutorials. Great thread, I love seeing what other people are making!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Hello fellow crafters.
    I made two wreaths at the weekend. Really easy, bought the foam rings from a company down in Sligo, and used unwanted fabric to wrap around them. ( one of which is an old bridesmaid dress )
    Bought little decorations in Pennys then.. hoping to make a few more in the next few weeks.:D

Advertisement