Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very bad Internet connection. (No help from eircom)

Options
  • 10-11-2011 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So I have been using eircom for about 6-7 months. At start it was fine. The connection was normal, I had around 700kb/s download speed, but then something happened and it dropped down to 250-300kb/s and never went back up.
    I called eircom few times, asking them if they can fix it, but all I heard from them was "Sorry, but we can't do anything about it at the moment, we can try sending you a new modem. Maybe that will fix the problem...". After 2 new modems I received from them, I called them again and asked if I can close my account, because I am really tired of paying 50-60 euro month. Other companies with download speed of 300kb/s cost x2 times less, but apparently I can't close the account because of my 12 month contract with eircom and I have to continue paying them for another 5-6 months. The connection is terrible and they cannot fix it. Why do I have to continue paying them? :eek:

How can I deal with this problem? How can I close my account without paying fine? This is really frustrating already...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Slava91 wrote: »
    So I have been using eircom for about 6-7 months. At start it was fine. The connection was normal, I had around 700kb/s download speed, but then something happened and it dropped down to 250-300kb/s and never went back up.
    I called eircom few times, asking them if they can fix it, but all I heard from them was "Sorry, but we can't do anything about it at the moment, we can try sending you a new modem. Maybe that will fix the problem...". After 2 new modems I received from them, I called them again and asked if I can close my account, because I am really tired of paying 50-60 euro month. Other companies with download speed of 300kb/s cost x2 times less, but apparently I can't close the account because of my 12 month contract with eircom and I have to continue paying them for another 5-6 months. The connection is terrible and they cannot fix it. Why do I have to continue paying them? :eek:

How can I deal with this problem? How can I close my account without paying fine? This is really frustrating already...

Slava91,

Can you private message me with your telephone number and I will look into your broadband connection.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Slava91

I send a private message with my phone number. Still waiting for an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Slava91,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭neiphin

you were fobbed off

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RC92

My download speed is 10kb per second !!! Any suggestions on how to improve this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi RC92,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

The speed results you quote are quite extreme. Obviously if there is a network fault this will have to be dealt with by eircom engineers as a matter of urgency.

Have you ever reported this fault to our first point of broadband assistance; i.e: Broadband Support?

If not, it would be advisable to contact the Support team right away. Before you do this, and in order to find out what is responsible for this slow speed issue, please take a look at the following.

Please note, your fault may not be directly related to the eircom broadband network. Nor may the modem itself be the source of the problem.

Before you test your broaband speed again, please ensure your computer is not downloading files while running a speed test; www.eircom.net/speedtest

Want to improve your broadband speed?

Let me know if I can help you further or PM me with your home phone number and I can confirm what your broadband sync is currently set at, and what average speeds you should be receiving.

Please try the Broadband Checklist above as this will help the Technical Support team determine where any fault lies. Failure to try the quick checks may prolong a resolution to any fault. This may result in a call out charge if the fault is found to be a non-eircom issue and an engineer is sent to your premises.

If you need direct techincal assistance, just give Broadband Support a quick call on :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 Days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call and help if you need to follow up. Also, let me know your case id and I can follow this up with the Support Team.

Best wishes,
    Ant

RC92 wrote: »
    My download speed is 10kb per second !!! Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Advertisement