Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power is a bad man !

Options
  • 10-11-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

So i was in pp's today got on a ruby walsh special 66-1 for ruby to place in ALL his races at clonmel checked the horsies looked good to me, checked after work all placed except for Pscho in the 2:25 who came second but only four runners so win only market doh! Anyhow turns out it had said in small writing underneath this offer does not include the 2:25. Its my own fault always read the small print and all but I really hate when companies do this have huge writing to pull people in and then tiny writing underneath Dam it!:mad::mad::mad::mad::D:mad::mad::mad::mad::D:mad::mad::mad::(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mjp

Is your bet not a winner so if the bet includes all other races apart from the 2 25. Say you aint the only one they caught out with that one.

Sneaky fec kers they are out there in tallaght...............

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ATR180

having read your twice and then a third time ican't see the problem...."YOU'RE ON A WINNER"....:eek::eek::confused::confused::D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Why is this bad for the punter can someone please point out?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭winslow

I think what he means is that PP said all others can place, except for the 2:25, where maybe it was supposed to win? Neither PP nor the OP are entirely clear so it's difficult to assess exactly what the outcome was.

I thought he was saying the race is exempt,so no matter the outcome it doesn't affect his bet,which would make it a winner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Agreed, but sometimes people on boards really struggle to get the details of a story across. Im sure he has not made himself clear cos gamblers know when theyve won!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Ok to clear up i was told i was not a winner,
    2.25 did not count as it was i win only market. So in essence i had
    to win this race. even though it was a place special on ruby walsh
    Very confusing i know!

Ah I understand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Well thats only right. When did you ever see a place market on a four horse race? It wasnt even the case that a horse was withdrawn.

I thought he meant that the place bet was without that race sandeman

• Advertisement

So did I originally. I was just replying to his more detailed clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

More to the point is Paddy power rules which differ to most other bookmaker rules. I had a situation a while ago where I did an e/w accumulator. In most cases the place money in an e/w accumulator will go on to the win in a race where there is a win only (my horse won a 4 runner race due to several non runners) Paddy Power rules are the place part is void ie a non runner so even though my horse won I got nothing for it. This is a rule to be very aware off when you do e/w accumulators because it is very unlikely they will point this out to you when you think you are on a loser and are owed a few quid for the place accum.

Yeah that's nasty gotta hate rule 4's too, always seem to get stung with them. I would of loving to see the screen shot of this in store offer though, very misleading. Anyhow another day another dollar ;)

Nothing misleading about it.
    Four runners=No place betting.
    If there were only two runners would you expect to get paid if it came last??
    I rarely defend the enemy but they are totally correct in this case. Even if they hadnt mentioned it in the small print it should be obvious.

But the point is their rules say these bets are void if done in an e/w accumulator. That rules out your statement of the obvious being that you are on the win only as you would be with most bookmakers and in a placepot .Normal place rules do not apply with Paddy Power.

Also some four runner races pay two places on the exchange place markets. If you do an antepost bet and only two runners take part you could get paid on the loser for a place with a bookmaker

Interestingly Paddy Power .com rules say on e/w betting if a race is reduced to less than five runners then bets are "all to win" . I have not been to a shop for several months as I refuse to bet with them any longer. They may have changed back to normal rules but would be interested to see what their shop rules now say.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

They have their in store specials well thought out, they look easy but theres always one thats a big let down, I guess they have all this thought out before offering the special, it's only logical.

I'd usually do it online if I was betting but I called into the shop a few times one weekend a ccouple of weeks ago and had a few let downs :/

#1. The most sickening one! Pick a winner from each of the 4 UK meetings 80/1, got the first 3 (at good prices too) early on in the day and the last horse was Light Well in an evening race, he was 1/2 fav in a race with 5 horses ( i think, maybe 6?) then there was a horse at 6/1 or so and 20s for the rest, well beaten by a 20/1 shot in the last couple of furlongs. Nearly everyone in the shop was let down by that horse on the 80/1.

#2. 100/1 for some jockey to place in his 6 races, won the first 5 and lost the last.

#3. The lucky 7's promo, if your horse wins at 7/1 sp they doubl the odds, of course in the last minute before the race all the 7/1 prices moved didn't see a 7/1 place all afternoon :/

They're great promos if you can get them, but in fairness PP would have to be completely thick giving such high odds promos if they thought they had a chance of paying out, I'd say nearly everyone that sees the promos put a few quid on it

But the point is their rules say these bets are void if done in an e/w accumulator. That rules out your statement of the obvious being that you are on the win only as you would be with most bookmakers and in a placepot .Normal place rules do not apply with Paddy Power.

Also some four runner races pay two places on the exchange place markets. If you do an antepost bet and only two runners take part you could get paid on the loser for a place with a bookmaker

My point is that the OP knew that the race only had four runners hence it would have to be Win Only in that race. Thats why the odds were good.
    I know the exchanges dont change but that has nothing to do with the offer in question. Also it now appears that the original post was misleading.

As regards the 'Double 7/1, 4/1, 2/1 etc specials' it would be very hard and expensive for a bookie to change the SP odds as they are based on the Ring prices at the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

If you do an antepost bet and only two runners take part you could get paid on the loser for a place with a bookmaker
    Do me a favour and let me know the last race which was priced up ante post and only had two runners?

10 euro says you can't find one.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Do me a favour and let me know the last race which was priced up ante post and only had two runners?

10 euro says you can't find one.

Not that it is relevant to my point above but to answer your question how about sea biscuit v war admiral

• Advertisement

Of course these in store offers are misleading, I understand that you have to read the small print and have abit of cop on when it comes to offers of this type. But the wording can be atrocious and Huge writing with small writing caveats always has a stink about it to me.

Also my misleading original post seems to back up my point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

stacexD wrote: »

#3. The lucky 7's promo, if your horse wins at 7/1 sp they doubl the odds, of course in the last minute before the race all the 7/1 prices moved didn't see a 7/1 place all afternoon :/

Have to say I availed of this offer about 5 weeks ago I'd say it was, Took the price at the time 13/2 and it went off 7/1, didn't notice the offer until the lad behind my counter gave me double, was thrilled!

Also another great offer that I haven't seen in a while is the 5% per length winning bonus, got an 65 percent bonus once, when my horses only rival in the race fell at the last, leaving my boy 13 lenghts clear!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LANOOCHUDLE

Not that it is relevant to my point above but to answer your question how about sea biscuit v war admiral
    THE LADS PUT A BET ON IN MONROES LAST TUES ON A RACE TO BE RUN THIS FRIDAY 18th NOV THE LENGHT OF DOMNICK STREET AT HIGH NOON ,BETWEEN GER O NEILL AND SEANSHADES WHO WAS 3/1 TUES BUT IS NOW CUT IN TO 6/4 BECAUSE THE BHA SAID HE COULD BE ALLOWED TO USE HIS WALKIN CANE AS MANY TIMES AS HE LIKES ...I THINK THAT COUNTS AS AN ANTEPOST BET ON JUST TWO RUNNERS...BE THERE,THE GOING WILL BE VERY FIRM

THE LADS PUT A BET ON IN MONROES LAST TUES ON A RACE TO BE RUN THIS FRIDAY 18th NOV THE LENGHT OF DOMNICK STREET AT HIGH NOON ,BETWEEN GER O NEILL AND SEANSHADES WHO WAS 3/1 TUES BUT IS NOW CUT IN TO 6/4 BECAUSE THE BHA SAID HE COULD BE ALLOWED TO USE HIS WALKIN CANE AS MANY TIMES AS HE LIKES ...I THINK THAT COUNTS AS AN ANTEPOST BET ON JUST TWO RUNNERS...BE THERE,THE GOING WILL BE VERY FIRM

Neither of these should not be spared the whip !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LANOOCHUDLE

THE ONLY WHIP THESE GUYS ARE USED TO IS WHIPING CREAM ,NON RUNNER BETS COUNT,I BELIVE THERE IS A BIG MOVE FOR SHADES IN THE RIVER INN ,ULICK HAS PUT 1500 EURO ON SHADES AT 6/4 WHO HAS NOW BEEN MOVED TO 8/11 EVEN HIM CARRYING A FEW POUNDS OVERWEIGHT OPPS A FEW STONE I MEANT ,YOU CAN STILL GET 7/2 ON GER O NEILL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

The thing that annoys me with all bookmakers is if you back a horse each way with 10 runners in the race and then 3 get pulled out then you only have 2 places but my point is I wouldn't have backed the horse each way if they were 7 runners, think they should either pay the extra place or void the place part of bet.

Very annoying that is motels.

I've stopped backing each way lately

Advertisement