Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EUR to AUS$ conversion - Now or January?

Options
  • 10-11-2011 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Quick question, hoping to get some opinions on this.

I'm travelling to OZ in January for the year.
    I have approx 10k to convert over to AUS$

Do you think I should change it over now or in January?
    I'm conscious of the euro-zone problems, and wonder if it will drop much?

Thanks a mill :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nobody has anyway of knowing. If they did, they would be trillionaires.

If you want, set up and Australian dollar denominated bank account now (can this be done?) with €5,000 and bring the rest when you are travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Victor wrote: »
    Nobody has anyway of knowing. If they did, they would be trillionaires.

If you want, set up and Australian dollar denominated bank account now (can this be done?) with €5,000 and bring the rest when you are travelling.

Haha, yeah I know... cheers man.
    Don't think any of us will be trillionaires anytime soon (maybe just debt-wise)

I'm working on getting on AUS$ bank account set-up now, and should be able to transfer to it in the next days.

Probably a wise move to split the difference by converting €5k now, and €5k in January, it would cushion any major fluctuation between now and then.
    Thanks for the advise.

Advertisement