Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to fix :zyxel P-660HW ReAuthentication timer

Options
  • 10-11-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

how ya lads i thought this may be a handy thing for some people to know . as ye may well know this router comes with a default setting of re-authentication timer on and only allows you to edit it to 9999seconds(about 2 hours 45 mins) and it disconnects the entire network then reconnects it will kick xbox live off and is very enoying

the solution :

go to the router settings and log in
    then go to network
    then to wireless LAN
    change the security mode to static WEP instead of WPA-PSK
    enter whatever password you want for it and enjoy

note you will have to enter your new password into all your devices again and i recommend you write down you new WEP key and stick it to your router

eircom phone support told me you couldnt deactivate the timer well i guess they are wrong =P

hope it helps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

how ya lads i thought this may be a handy thing for some people to know . as ye may well know this router comes with a default setting of re-authentication timer on and only allows you to edit it to 9999seconds(about 2 hours 45 mins) and it disconnects the entire network then reconnects it will kick xbox live off and is very enoying

the solution :

go to the router settings and log in
    then go to network
    then to wireless LAN
    change the security mode to static WEP instead of WPA-PSK
    enter whatever password you want for it and enjoy

note you will have to enter your new password into all your devices again and i recommend you write down you new WEP key and stick it to your router

eircom phone support told me you couldnt deactivate the timer well i guess they are wrong =P

hope it helps

They know how to disable the timer just they wont move you to wep...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

They know how to disable the timer just they wont move you to wep...

WEP is pretty useless as a security measure, that's probably why they won't move you to WEP.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

security isnt really that much of an issue for me doh living in the country side and all . i be leave its worth the no more disconnecting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

People on boards have claimed that setting the timer to 0 works permanently though I haven't tried this myself.

Advertisement