Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tefal Actifry FZ00015 €119.99

Options
  • 10-11-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Tefal Actifry FZ00015 €119.99 in Currys. Seems like a good price for a B&M shop

link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

lemd wrote: »
    Tefal Actifry FZ00015 €119.99 in Currys. Seems like a good price for a B&M shop

link

It is a good price. I got it a couple of weeks ago when it was on special in Amazon for 99 pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

redalan wrote: »
    It is a good price. I got it a couple of weeks ago when it was on special in Amazon for 99 pounds

Are you happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

jimogr wrote: »
    Are you happy with it?

Great machine, but the older ones had a very poor lid design.. The catches on our broke within 6 months (lots of reports on the web).. Tefal replaced the lid for free, with the new tougher design

Sadly the motor then broke after about 15 months.. They refused any replacement, and I couldn't be arsed chasing it through SCC.

We have bought a new one but if this one goes in the next couple of years I won't bother getting another one.. There does seem to be a lot of complaints on the web about poor quality.. but when it works it is a great little machine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2ZVOIISWHZXJ9&asin=B000T76UOE&cdThread=Tx1YI102WN8F16P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Welease wrote: »
    Great machine, but the older ones had a very poor lid design.. The catches on our broke within 6 months (lots of reports on the web).. Tefal replaced the lid for free, with the new tougher design

Sadly the motor then broke after about 15 months.. They refused any replacement, and I couldn't be arsed chasing it through SCC.

We have bought a new one but if this one goes in the next couple of years I won't bother getting another one.. There does seem to be a lot of complaints on the web about poor quality.. but when it works it is a great little machine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2ZVOIISWHZXJ9&asin=B000T76UOE&cdThread=Tx1YI102WN8F16P

Do you mind me asking how much you used it? The motor running out seems to be bad if it got light usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

jimogr wrote: »
    Are you happy with it?

So far, I am very happy with it. For first use, you had to have it on for more than 30 mins. As I was only doing portions for 2, 30 mins was too long and the chips were very crispy. The next attempt was better. I have only tried chips and sliced potatoes in it although there is a recipe book with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

sausages very tasty out of it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

padocon wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how much you used it? The motor running out seems to be bad if it got light usage.

About twice a week on average I'd say..

It's worth reading some of the reviews on the web, as there do seem to be a few problems with the machine.. However, they really do make great chips which is exactly why we bought another one :) (but as I said, if that goes I won't be buying a third).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

It's even cheaper in Argos, €115.87 and you also get a €10 voucher back until next Tuesday. http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=4201386&authToken=

Also, available in PowerCity for €119.95 if that's nearer anybody.
    http://www.powercity.ie/?action=laptopbacker&pcode=FZ700

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭chasm

Would these use more electric than a normal deep fat fryer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Anyone have a review website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Just updating that I've bought it on DID site for €119.99 and got a further 11% off with the code earlyaccess11. so €106.79 on my card.

Much prefer to get the €10 off than €10 voucher from Argos. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

ill def be going to get me one of these at the weekend :D

thanks guys

Advertisement