Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking about salary?

Options
  • 10-11-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭

I was emailed today about a job - The only problem is that there's no salary attached.

She said email her back with any questions - I have a job and the last interview I attended paid 4 grand under what I was making and I thought it was such a waste of my time.

So if there's any employers out there, how would feel if you emailed somebody asking if they had any quaries and you recieve an email back asking what the salary was?

I don't want it to come across that it's just about the money but in reality that's all it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

Just e-mail back with a few more details about yourself include a few extra details and add in what your currently getting +3K, they`d know themselves that you would be willing to work for less and wouldn't waste there own time. Saves you the hassle asking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I was emailed today about a job - The only problem is that there's no salary attached.

She said email her back with any questions - I have a job and the last interview I attended paid 4 grand under what I was making and I thought it was such a waste of my time.

So if there's any employers out there, how would feel if you emailed somebody asking if they had any quaries and you recieve an email back asking what the salary was?

I don't want it to come across that it's just about the money but in reality that's all it is.

I reckon you just be happy with the job you have and leave all the other jobs to people that have none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I reckon you just be happy with the job you have and leave all the other jobs to people that have none.
    But surely if this person moves job then their job will open up too.

Advertisement