Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with bike info please

Options
  • 10-11-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

ok so i have a friend who was given a 125cc motorbike with only 400 miles on the clock.
    this bike has a registration number on it and i think it has been taxed once before.
    the problem is that he has no log book for it and is now not in a position to ask the previous owner for it.

is there any way he can get a log book to either use or sell the bike.

i am not sure of the make of the bike tho it starts with a "V" and may be a vilingo or something like that.
    it is a chopper looking bike with the sidesaddles and very clean.

many thanks for reading and your help in advance.

niall_b73

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Sounds like it could be a Virago! I don't know how much detail you can/can't go into, but why can't he get the logbook from this guy?? I'm sure he can get a form from the tax office, which would have to be stamped by the cops or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭niall_b73

Sounds like it could be a Virago! I don't know how much detail you can/can't go into, but why can't he get the logbook from this guy?? I'm sure he can get a form from the tax office, which would have to be stamped by the cops or something.

basically he used to work with the person who gave it to him but since has been paid off and left on bad terms so does not want to approach them now.
    yeah "Virago" thats the one.

can you sell even without a logbook ?

niall_b73

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

niall_b73 wrote: »
    basically he used to work with the person who gave it to him but since has been paid off and left on bad terms so does not want to approach them now.
    yeah "Virago" thats the one.

can you sell even without a logbook ?

niall_b73

Nope, you need a logbook to sell. Unless the buyer is willing to take the bike without a logbook and try to get it himself. But the price of the bike would have to be dropped to allow for that. Nobody wants to buy something without a logbnook, it could be robbed for all they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

You should be able to get one.

Fill out this form https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF134_en.pdf
    Go to your local garda station and explain the reason why you need the document.

Depending on whether or not they believe you they will sign and stamp this and you can send it off.

Advertisement