Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Meter Installer

Options
  • 10-11-2011 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hello,Im interested in doing this course,as i come from a fitting background,not working at moment,but i see on paper adverts €900 for 3 day course,does anybody know if you can do these through any agencies for free,Fas etc
    Regards
    Seamie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

seamie11 wrote: »
    Hello,Im interested in doing this course,as i come from a fitting background,not working at moment,but i see on paper adverts €900 for 3 day course,does anybody know if you can do these through any agencies for free,Fas etc
    Regards
    Seamie

Cant see how anybody without a plumbing qualification could be allowed fit a water mains meter.

Id say its aimed towards qualified plumbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

OP , there was a thread on this very topic some time ago - opinion seemed sharply divided between those who thought it a good course and those who viewed it as a bit of a con that was of no value to anyone other than qualified plumbers.
    Personally, I am a tad suspicious about some of the outfits offering these courses - smacks of jumping on the bandwagon.

Advertisement