Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Replica Volunteer Uniform

Options
  • 10-11-2011 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Folks, - grasping at straws here.
    If possible I'm looking for a replica 1916 Easter Rising Volunteer Uniform.
    Perhaps someone has a replica from a play or film? I only need it for a few hours - perhaps six hours at most.
    I will of course pay for the privilege!

If you have one please PM me - Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

stoneill wrote: »
    Folks, - grasping at straws here.
    If possible I'm looking for a replica 1916 Easter Rising Volunteer Uniform.
    Perhaps someone has a replica from a play or film? I only need it for a few hours - perhaps six hours at most.
    I will of course pay for the privilege!

If you have one please PM me - Thanks.

perhaps get an Irish army uniform and die it a darker shade of green? other than the shade of green the differences are not huge. the puttees would be easy enough to make.

Cumann na mBan is apparently is still in existence and the uniform they wear is almost exactly the same as back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

Failing all else, this sounds like a likely challenge for the Fix It Friday thing that Ray Darcy does.

On another note, who knew that Cumann na mBan still existed (maybe loads of people but not me!). They're classed as a 'domestic terrorist group' in the UK according to Wikipedia so I may hold off on the membership...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

CeannRua wrote: »
    Failing all else, this sounds like a likely challenge for the Fix It Friday thing that Ray Darcy does.

On another note, who knew that Cumann na mBan still existed (maybe loads of people but not me!). They're classed as a 'domestic terrorist group' in the UK according to Wikipedia so I may hold off on the membership...

I would not say that membership is thriving but if you are looking for that kind of stuff it is unavoidable tat you come in contact with such people. The SF shop or RSF shop may be able to help you. another posibiliblty is to go collins barracks and study the uniform.

BTW its winter and M and S usually do twill shirts, one of which is a similar shade of green to what the volunteers wore.

Advertisement