Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

really need help to get new car back.....

Options
  • 10-11-2011 2:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

My car was pounded today but i ave a towtruck ready to collect it tmrw, all i need to do is prove the car is mine in terenure garda station, by showing my logbook.
    Only problem is I left the logbook in a folder in the glovebox in THE CAR, in the POUND!
    And I only got the car last wk so I was gonna send the logbook off today, after I taxed the car, but I was stopped by garda before I could do it.

Do u think the pound will let me get it from the car so I can get a release form from Terenure Garda... and, will there be a problem with the garda seen as I havent posted it off yet.. How do I get around this, I am after spending over 1000 on this carand 5days later its gone, I'm devastated.

I'm Insured fully comp, its just my licence was out of date, and i had no tax on the car yet... Any Ideas will be greatly appreciated..
    THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

they should be no issuse with the pound,they will allow u access to car for the log-book and then go to garda station.
    however u should never have log-book in car for obvious reasons.
    it might be handy to have mobile of person u bought car from so the garda may ring to back up youre claim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

ah thanks, such a weight off my mind knowing that it should be easy enough to get it..
    Eh the guy i bought it off had fixed it up so he was never the owner... but all the previous owners have receipts & stuff in the folder too.
    It was my Dads friend who sold it to us, but he just fixed it up from itbeen wrote off.
    Hope that wont cause any difficulty. I just wanna drive... so angry at the grda for just taking it off me, even though I was fully insured, and showed them my letter for my booked DrivingTest, they didnt care, and they gave me false info saying all i needed was a tow truck to get it back for the fee of 125, no mention of mehaving to show the release form etc. Now wonder so many ppl dislike them.
    U do have to show the logbook to get a just bought car taxed, yeah?? Cause thats the only reason i havent sent it off before today.

What if my logbook had just beensent off? what would i say or do then??

Thanks for the help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

My car was wrongly towed once.
    I wrote a letter of appeal once I had it back, outlining the reasons why.
    I got a full refund of all the fees.
    Give it a try if you think your car has been impounded wrongly.
    Otherwise, ombudsman.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd sort your license our first tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

so angry at the grda for just taking it off me, even though I was fully insured, and showed them my letter for my booked DrivingTest, they didnt care, and they gave me false info saying all i needed was a tow truck to get it back for the fee of 125, no mention of mehaving to show the release form etc. Now wonder so many ppl dislike them.
    U do have to show the logbook to get a just bought car taxed, yeah?? Cause thats the only reason i havent sent it off before today.

You're angry at them despite:

I'm Insured fully comp, its just my licence was out of date, and i had no tax on the car yet...

No licence and no tax and you haven't even passed your test?
    FFS and you're complaining about the Gardai....

Anyway, back to the issue in hand, you can tax a car without the logbook.
    You can walk into the car tax office and fill out the form on the spot and get a disc there and then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement