Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do boards.ie moderators stymy debate?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi.. more or less a serious question. I opened a thread in the 'Irish economy' thread earlier this evening which in my opinion attempted to address what may be a valid problem in Irish society at the moment. I did not suggest an answer, merely solicited debate on the matter.
    The thread was closed by a moderator who added what I can only term derogative remarks to the thread..
    I have included the opening post below for you to draw your own conclusions. Is this censorship typical of the mindset that pervades elements of Irish society and which has I believe contributed to many of the problems that we now face.. I'm particularly reminded of Bertie Ahearn's comments that anyone who disagreed with a particular outlook on the Irish economy as proposed by segments who stood to benefit should commit suicide..

Possible discrimination against Irish job applicants?
    I am beginning to wonder if there is a bias against Irish applicants for jobs, especially at or around minimum wage level.
    Having spoken to acquaintances who had been looking for both part-time and full time work, I had to concede that it was possible. Now, having applied for close to a hundred positions for which I am, in my opinion , suitable and having received only one reply and that to say I'd been unsuccessful I have to concede that it is more than possible.
    I have applied for jobs in which I have experience, relevent qualifications and excellent references and yet not one employer has been interested. It may be worth noting that most employees at this level in these companies are non-nationals, often non-EU nationals who I assume must require work permits.
    I have submitted C.V.s which include all my experience and educational level etc and also more basic C.V.s which documented only basic relevent information.. so.. any thoughts?
    user_online.gifreport.gif post_thanks.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

No. Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Blast them with non-nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

No. Shut up.

Beat me to the exact same response.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

They clearly dont want to employ you due to the whingey way you come across in your posts CV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The PC rulebook must always be strictly adhered to on boards. Anything remotely of line will be shut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Oh GOD!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

People not understanding the word 'stymy' might stymy the debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Ah jeez, take it to Feedback or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement