Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche 356, ZO 5961

Options
  • 09-11-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭

I believe this was the first Porsche 356 sold in Ireland in 1952, I found this article in a 1965 magazine. I wonder what became of it.

Scan0013.jpg

sorry about the quality, scanner is acting up:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭richiet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Hello Blue 850,
    very interesting read that, I knew the late Tom Lynn, and all his brothers. I am away at the moment but will try and get Jack, his brother to add some details to that article.
    As an aside to the porshe bit I remember Jack tellingme how they would know when a Jaguar or was it a Ford V8 was running right ,you could place an English thrupenny bit on its side on the rocker cover and it would not fall over.

Regards Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

richiet wrote: »

Great history on that car, it has literally been around the world. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Great history on that car, it has literally been around the world. :cool:

So the moral of the story is: forget Bonds, Equities - buy a Porsche. Better still, buy 2.

Works for me :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

wrote:
    We decided that the handling defects were due to shock absorbers, so removed, drilled and tapped them, and stuffed in as much heavy engine oil as we could...

... it straightaway improved the handling from suicidal to merely dangerous.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Excellent articles guys ....thanks !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

I recall my late father telling me that a guy around the Bruff area of Co. Limerick - an Austrian I believe - had one of these in the '50's. Apparently this guy had somehow retired there from a senior position in Hitler's party!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I know a chap who has an original Irish sold 356 & E-type in the garage, absolutely no idea what the reg is though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 RS1700T

Aongus , still has the car , awaiting restoration ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Matra

commited wrote: »
    I know a chap who has an original Irish sold 356 & E-type in the garage, absolutely no idea what the reg is though!

Do you have any details on this 356? I am trying to track down my fathers car.

What colour is it? Do you have any of the reg number? ......even just the numbers would be fine.

thanks
    Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

For those to lazy to click RMauctionsLF11_r148_10.jpg

LF11_r148_11.jpgLF11_r148_04.jpgLF11_r148_25.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Matra

I am not referring to this (if you read my post)

'Committed' mentioned another car that he knows the whereabouts and was wondering would that be my fathers old car.

His old car was not a 356 Carrera but a 356 B or super 90

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

My old man has a 356B T6 super 90, but it came in via germany/canada.

If anyone really wants to track a 356, you need to get the reg number down to the offfices it was registered at and get the VIN number, then if it's a good example it should be known to www.porsche356registry.org

that's probably the best way to go about tracking the car in the op.

Advertisement