Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B'stard Callers

Options
  • 09-11-2011 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Anyone else get pestered by young men calling to their house selling paintings??

I'm in Kinnegad and at least one a week I get a knock on the door and normally it's the same 20 something year old selling crappy paintings.

Does this crap happen elsewhere??

What put downs do people use to get the message across that you're not interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My estate isn't upper class enough for that, I just get handwritten notes offering me cheap drink and smokes.

paintings? Ritzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I used to get them when I lived in Dublin.
    But I really liked the paintings actually.
    Never bought one though.

Generally, I just don't answer my door ever unless I know someone is due to visit.
    Can't stand being offered deals by Eircom or Airtricity or whatever every other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Put Downs ?

Bit harsh to go injecting artists with lethal injections because they want to see you their piss soaked canvas. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

What put downs do people use to get the message across that you're not interested?

"Please stop casing my house".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭anticonno16

I have thought about answering the door holding a severed pigs head and a cleaver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Buy a labrador and a set of black sunglasses, open the door stevie wonder style shaking your head side to side, then ask them for money towards training guide dogs...that'll learn them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

my phone is the new door bell, anyone who doesnt know it can fcuk right off

CJC999 wrote: »
    Buy a labrador and a set of black sunglasses, open the door stevie wonder style shaking your head side to side, then ask them for money towards training guide dogs...that'll learn them!

Dog won't wear sunglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You could try trade for that candlestick holder you got and don't really like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Tell them that your brain damaged dog could have painted better than that sh1te

and slam the door in their face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

phasers wrote: »
    My estate isn't upper class enough for that, I just get handwritten notes offering me cheap drink and smokes.

paintings? Ritzy.

My estate is so posh the artists leave their paintings on the side of the house for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Oh god, I just remembered!
    Last week I was in a b1tch of a mood, and I was trying to make dinner and the kids were driving me mad.
    This guy comes to the door to sell me upc - which I already have.
    I opened the door and didn't say one word.
    I just glared at him until he got the hint and left.
    Oh, I kinda feel bad now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Chugger them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dog won't wear sunglasses

If only you were that witty when you answered the door. ;)

You could ask him to paint them on the dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Anyone else get pestered by young men calling to their house selling paintings??

I'm in Kinnegad and at least one a week I get a knock on the door and normally it's the same 20 something year old selling crappy paintings.

Theres a scam where people call from door to door pretending to be struggling artists but they really buy the paintings from China for 10 euro each off some website and pass it off as their own for much more. They're definitely not artists and not struggling. If I wasnt watching every penny I'd ask them to sketch me for 5 Euro at my door step for a laugh and see if they can even do that while I watch (like genuine artists do on Grafton street).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

thats been happening to us for about 4 years now Iam in the the back arse of nowhere and as far as I know they dont drive so sorted :D

mind you it doesnt stop the jahovas witnesses lol their a hardy bunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    thats been happening to us for about 4 years now Iam in the the back arse of nowhere and as far as I know they dont drive so sorted :D

mind you it doesnt stop the jahovas witnesses lol their a hardy bunch

LOL the Jehovahs witnesses have me blacklisted as an unreformable sinner..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Maximum 40 Characters

Just strip arse naked in front of him,once should do it and if it does'nt and if he comes back then it's a lovely boost to your self esteem

They expect me to flick through the bible and understand it before they come back lol they will hire someone to kill me when iam done with them lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Art Students income.

• Advertisement

I tried playing the gay card once.

Bugger was interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Say thanks but you're not interested and close the door.

Job done.

Rega wrote: »
    Say thanks but you're not interested and close the door.

Job done.

Did that once and the fecker continued around to the patio door :rolleyes:
    he `got some ****ing fright when i snuck up behind the fecker holding a cold metal pipe to the back of his neck poor sod thought it was a gun :)

And before anyone berates me for over acting he invaded my privacy after being advised to leave the property

Advertisement