Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who the F**K are the markets?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

You hear on the telly and the radio that such and such are happening to various economy's and that the markets say this or are doing that. So the whole world is collapsing and these market people seem to be sitting there with the power to topple countries! WHO ARE THEY!!!

Also, at this stage, with the whole world basically f**ked, would doing, in effect, a system restore so speak with the debts and stuf be a good idea? Put it back to 2004 -2005 when everything was relatively less screwed?

nim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just a bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Just a bunch of lads.

A great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Just a bunch of lads.
    That's what I don't understand though! Why do a few lads in an office get to control the fate of Europe by picking numbers out of their holes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

nimrod86 wrote: »
    That's what I don't understand though! Why do a few lads in an office get to control the fate of Europe by picking numbers out of their holes?

because everything is for sale in a free market system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Just a few guys selling copy DVDs out of the boot of their cars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Never mind the markets... Who are the BONDHOLDERS???

I just dont understand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Reboot world

[YES] [NO]

Rebooting world..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Goose81

nimrod86 wrote: »
    You hear on the telly and the radio that such and such are happening to various economy's and that the markets say this or are doing that. So the whole world is collapsing and these market people seem to be sitting there with the power to topple countries! WHO ARE THEY!!!

Also, at this stage, with the whole world basically f**ked, would doing, in effect, a system restore so speak with the debts and stuf be a good idea? Put it back to 2004 -2005 when everything was relatively less screwed?

nim
    They are the people that buy government debt using mostly private individuals money, the government pay intrest to them for buying their debt but the markets have decided Italy might not be able to pay them back if they lend the money,so they are demanding more intrest if they lend it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

The markets from what I can gather are the statistics of us the consumers spending, so we are the markets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

mikom wrote: »
    A great bunch of lads.

That's the Chinese you're thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Ruu wrote: »
    Reboot world

[YES] [NO]

Rebooting world..........

YES

Y..... I only have to press Y, i just tripled my productivity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

yore ma's on the market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

The markets are 23 year olds fresh out of business schools, whose only emotions consist of greed and fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The markets from what I can gather are the statistics of us the consumers spending, so we are the markets

The end of the horror movie when you finally see the monster and the character realises they are looking in a mirror :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

The end of the horror movie when you finally see the monster and realise you are looking in a mirror :eek::eek::eek:

Why would you watch a horror movie in a mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I care more about what their end game is

Do these parasites want the global financial system to completely collapse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Where you buy and sell stuff and that is exactly what they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

'The markets' are hedge funds, lads and girls whose collective speculative investment decisions can influence stock and bond prices, causing chaos in the pursuit of a quick buck. Or less cynically, those who allocate capital efficiently in accordance to relative merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

The markets are the people you blame for shit you done wrong.

"My shares in Anglo Irish went down. It's the markets I say!"

"Dear citizens, I appear to have squandered all your money on cocaine and timeshares in Florida. You now owe more money than I can count accurately... Damned markets. Last time I trust them. I knew it was the markets. Even when it was the bears I knew it was the markets"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

al28283 wrote: »

That was a typo and also post half written and interrupted by a phone call. Surely it was obvious from the rest of my post that I was talking about the character in the movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

watch wall street the movie, it'll give you an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Compare the meeeerrrkkaaattt.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

its the 2 boys from trading places with all their pork belly speculation that's wrecking "the markets"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

People in stripey coloured blazers shouting at each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭amacca

al28283 wrote: »

why not?..................go on try it, you might like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Tandey

More importantly who is it that has the power to make the worlds money? Who produces the euro notes and why cant they just make a few trillion more and put it in our bank so we can all be rich fucker$??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

amacca wrote: »
    why not?..................go on try it, you might like it.

It'd ruin the shining. Why is that kid writing murder everywhere?

Advertisement