Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacardi Oakheart

Options
  • 09-11-2011 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Has anyone Tried this new Spirit from Bacardi, Its a Spiced Vanilla Rum? Let Me know your opinions as im willing to try it if its nice..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

have answered you in the other thread already but just in case...

If you like Captain Morgan's then you'll probably like this. It has a slight smokey/aged wood flavour and then the usual fake vanilla and spice flavours that you find in spiced rums, hiding the quality of the actual rum imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

currently on offer in tesco

New product

Bacardi Oakheartspiced Rum 70Cl

Special Offer SAVE 6.99 Was 22.99 Now 16.00
    valid from 1/11/2011 until 22/11/2011

• Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It always amazes me how slow market leading companies are at responding to trends in the market. I mean, how long has Captain Morgan's been taking lumps out of Bacardi's market share before they were moved to produce a spiced rum?
    And probably too late as Captain Morgan's will be seen at the 'original' and the 'best'.

The same goes for how long it took Bulmer's to come up with a Pear Cider to combat Kopaberg and Rekorderlig. The sluggishness of these companies is staggering!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd say it costs a fortune to turn the cruiser around like this. You have to be absolutely sure that what the competition are doing isn't just a blip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Chef_Darren

pa990 wrote: »
    currently on offer in tesco

New product

Bacardi Oakheartspiced Rum 70Cl

Special Offer SAVE 6.99 Was 22.99 Now 16.00
    valid from 1/11/2011 until 22/11/2011

Im goin to have to pick it up for this price, Even if it isnt that nice.. Still a good price..

• Advertisement
Advertisement