Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious damaging events.

Options
  • 09-11-2011 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

We've all read about natural disasters destroying peoples homes, fires gutting houses and apartments even destroying whole villages and ruining the material lives of people who are lucky to escape these events.

My family are lucky enough to have never lost anything as serious as our home so it's not something I can get my head around, losing everything I grew up with.

Has anyone on here experienced anything like that? How long did it take for you get your life back on track?

Edit: If a mod can think of a better thread title, feel free to change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I lost Optimus Prime's right fist when I was 11 or 12. That was fücked. He could only hold the gun in this left and his other arm was useless. He had a sword AND a gun. The hoover took it.

Life never really got back on track..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I lost all my stuff when my little sister burnt the house down... but then I got new stuff. I still miss the old stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Aren't such thoughts the reason why we buy Insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

foxyboxer wrote: »

Yeah but it still doesn't take away from the fact that they've still lost everything. You can't buy back items which have a lot of sentimental value. You also don't have a brand spanking new house the next day either. I'm just curious to hear the stories of the whole in between phase. Kinda like when you see a "Before and after" shots of disaster areas. Villages there one second, gone the next. Usually they follow them up with "here's how it looks now" wtih new buildings/shops but what interests me is the story you don't see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

OP, is there something you want to confess to. Username and all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

foxyboxer wrote: »

How do you insure Optimus Prime's right fist, genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Kasabian wrote: »
    OP, is there something you want to confess to. Username and all?

>_>
    <_<

..No..

Advertisement