Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Van Doren

Options
  • 09-11-2011 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭

The guy who man phat sneakers, Vans, is dead.

We are shoeless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

We are shoeless.

Wut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

As an afficianado of all things sports footwear I have to say I never saw a pair of Vans that I'd even consider wearing nevermind buying. Horrible flat footed crepe like affairs. Not into skateboarding though so perhaps they had a functional appeal to some...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

We are shoeless.

His sole is in heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Biggins wrote: »
    His sole is in heaven!

Upper there where he belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Wertz wrote: »
    As an afficianado of all things sports footwear I have to say I never saw a pair of Vans that I'd even consider wearing nevermind buying. Horrible flat footed crepe like affairs. Not into skateboarding though so perhaps they had a functional appeal to some...

Bit early to be on the beer, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,101 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Biggins wrote: »
    His sole is in heaven!

I hope this is with your tongue firmly in cheek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Thread is laced with ban puns.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They are no DC's.

Which are actually sh*t these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

He's gone to meet his cobbler

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

They're the comfiest shoes ever.

And I love the prints on them, the new ones have gotten kinda boring though.

• Advertisement

Bit early to be on the beer, no?

Beer?

Anyway I'll stick to my original declaration; they look horribly flat and the designs aren't my thing at all. Suede crepes with a logo glued on and some poorly chosen primary coloured schemes. Never tried on a pair so can't vouch for comfort but they sure don't look comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sad to see him slip away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Mazeire

So. To summarise.
    Sneaker guy is dead, as is rapper Heavy D and it's snowing in Iran.
    There can be only one logical conclusion.
    It's the rapture.
    Hope you held on to those rosary beads from your holy communion folks, they may come in useful real soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Beer?

Anyway I'll stick to my original declaration; they look horribly flat and the designs aren't my thing at all. Suede crepes with a logo glued on and some poorly chosen primary coloured schemes. Never tried on a pair so can't vouch for comfort but they sure don't look comfy.

They're made really well, other runners get bashed up so quick because they're badly made but I find Vans last ages. And think when other brands try to make coloured runners (like the Nike basketball style boots) they look hideous.

Each to their own I suppose. Not a fan of most nike stuff myself these days.
    Suppose hard wearing is a requirement for skate shoes... from a purely aesthetic POV they don't catch my eye at all.
    Anyway RIP and whatever, not meaning to sully the man's contribution to fashion culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Comfiest shoes your feet will ever slip into, and a design classic at this stage.

Advertisement