Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keenagh Exchange

Options
  • 09-11-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I was wondering if someone could tell me when the exchange in Keenagh (Longford) will be upgraded? Been contacting Eircom for the last year and getting no where.

Kind of a joke really since Ballymahon a few miles down the road have broadband as does Stonepark the other side of us.

Don't even want NGB.. even a 2Mbit line would do nicely. Anything would be better than the National Broadband Scheme.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I was wondering if someone could tell me when the exchange in Keenagh (Longford) will be upgraded? Been contacting Eircom for the last year and getting no where.

Kind of a joke really since Ballymahon a few miles down the road have broadband as does Stonepark the other side of us.

Don't even want NGB.. even a 2Mbit line would do nicely. Anything would be better than the National Broadband Scheme.

Hi nigelhanlon,

Can you PM your telephone number so I can use that to check please.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nigelhanlon

Just sent them to you via PM.

Thanks Mark.

Just sent them to you via PM.

Thanks Mark.

Hi nigelhanlon,

I got your details you sent on thanks, I will check it out and get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nigelhanlon

Hey,

Was just wondering if there's any update on this?

My contract with Three is just about up so I want to know if I should hang in there with them or move to LastMile. Heard mixed reviews about them but I suppose anything would be more reliable than the NBS disaster.

If the exchange is being upgraded, Eircom ADSL would be my first choice :)

Nigel.

Hey,

Was just wondering if there's any update on this?

My contract with Three is just about up so I want to know if I should hang in there with them or move to LastMile. Heard mixed reviews about them but I suppose anything would be more reliable than the NBS disaster.

If the exchange is being upgraded, Eircom ADSL would be my first choice :)

Nigel.

Hi Nigel,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I checked with our broadband roll-out team and I ama afraid there is no indication as to if or when the Keenagh exchange in Co Longford will be enabled for broadband.

The broadband enablement list is updated every month so if I do get any information regarding that exchange I will let you know.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

So many years later, and keenagh is still without basic broadband from eir.

Can you give the people and exact time frame that we will start to receive this service.

Please do not brush this off, I would like to know a managers reply on this matter, it is now 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nagel

Nigel, in the same boat as yourself further up the line,  I am using lastmile/ripplecom  for the last few years, they were awful for a while but after hassling them got a change of antenna, service has been ok for the last year. They are working off ardagh mountain   there is another wireless provider   working off Ardagh too and they seem to have signed up a lot of customers over the last few years . Vodafone 4g seem to be giving good speeds , but they are expensive.
    Meteor are supposed to have 4g  in the area  but it seems to be a bit patchier than Vodafone , but cheaper, you can sign up to them and have 14 days to try out, if you were trying them I would go with the router, you would have the option of using an external antenna.  Three's 4g seems to be not too bad in places, set it up for a friend up that country and it seems ok, but they dont do a 14 day trial,  unless you buy online. Id mobile  working off the Three network seem to have  reasonable broadband packages.

Three is not working too good here in keena for me., might give meteor a try. 
    Ballymahon and lanesboro have fiber broadband. Keenagh is just 5 mils in between and yet it's black listed.

It's a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nagel

sponbob, 

premier broadband is the name of the other  wireless supplier off ardagh, dont know if they cover down your way but here they've  picked up a lot of customers,  they use, ubiquiti gear,  what looks like a mini satellite disk. I also have a meteor bb set  up b593,  with external antenna, this time of day its very good . The only reason I keep ripplecom  is for camera access and backup.

4995697457.png

Last night around 10 pm

4994757117.png

Would that be any good for online gaming 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

spongbob wrote: »
    So many years later, and keenagh is still without basic broadband from eir.

Can you give the people and exact time frame that we will start to receive this service.

Please do not brush this off, I would like to know a managers reply on this matter, it is now 2016.
    Hello sppngbob

Al here, apologies for the delays in getting back to you

eir's Fibre to the home 2017-2020 roll-out programme with speeds up to 1Gb/s includes premises in Keenagh - this is expected to be live by the year 2020. Beyond these plans there are no further works to suggest that broadband will be available before then. I know that this is not the best news and it's another four years away but ultimately it's the most accurate information eir can offer you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement