Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Queries, help needed...

Options
  • 09-11-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi all, apologies for the long post. I've got a few questions that I need help with my HE set-up as my electrician who ran all of the cable has left the country unfortunately. They should be fairly straightforward. I'll give you the house set-up first so you know what I have. In the office I have a cabinet which houses the sky+box, this (and saorview) is distributed throughout the house using an F-180 amp so I have magic eye control in the other rooms, this is working fine. (Although I did have a problem with the original faceplates which didn't seem to allow the voltage through to the eyes.) Cabinet also houses ethernet switch setup as the house is networkable. Queries are:
    1) Main bedroom has 2 speakers in the ceiling and a wall mounted tv. In the faceplate behind the tv, there is 2 coax (1 is feeding sky+/saorview, not sure what the other is for), 1 cat 5/6, 1 speaker cable and 1 scart and hdmi cable with heads. The scart, hdmi and speaker cable are then fed over to the corner of the room to another faceplate, at this faceplate there are 2 more speaker cables which are obviously fed from the ceiling speakers. The logic being that I can have a corner unit with dvd player set up connected via scart or hdmi. So this is fine I’m just trying to understand how the speaker set up works, i.e. how do I play my tv through my speakers with this set up?
    2) I have a bluray player and media player hardrive, can I put this in my office cabinet and distribute this throughout the house? What’s the best way if possible given my set-up. I know that there are 2 cat5/6 cables sent to some rooms to carry HD as the distances are too long for standard hdmi cable. How are these to be controlled? Is there another magic eye to be set-up? I’m confused on this so if it needs to be made clearer for you to help then just let me know.
    3) I have 3 wireless BB, with the router stationed in my office. Is it as easy as connecting the router to my switch to allow points throughout the house to be hardwired to the router and then using access points at some locations to boost the wireless upstairs for instance, where the signal is non-existant.

Advertisement